Venice - Which ship?

FunCruiser78

Hi All,

I am looking to take my wife on a cruise to Venice Italy in June 2020.  I see that the Ships that go to Venice are the older ones.  I am looking for recommendations on which boat to choose.

I have been on the Sesaide already and I am going on Meraviglia next year.

It looks like Magnifica is the newest out of the group.  I am not sure when it was last renovated.  Does anybody have any information on that?

The other ships that are sailing to Venice are Opera, Musica, Orchestra, Lirica, and Sinfonia

Any info on when the ships were last refurbished and what was updated on them would be great.

Thank you

Edited by FunCruiser78

Magnifica is due for drydock in Dec. 2019.  The reason that the ships going to Venice are older is because Venice is limiting the size of the ships that call there, and all new ships seem to be too large.  Noone wants to build 'little' ships anymore except the luxury lines.  So in choosing, I would look at the various itineraries, and times in port.  EM

Ship size in Venice is limited to 90,000 Tons, we have sailed Orchestra and it is a nice mid sized ship, we sailed Operas before it was stretched so cannot comment on how it is now.

Thanks for posting this question - we just booked the Orchestra for June 2020 out of Venice!  All the ships seemed smaller (which is fine by me) and older (which doesn't bother me too much).  I went with Orchestra due to itinerary, and only one with suites left.

My choice would be Magnifica - great ship, plenty of balcony cabins which makes them a bit cheaper than on the Lirica class.

Sailed on Lirica class both pre and post stretch, and have been on all 4 of them; they're nice ships but really do lack any wow factor and they are starting to show their age