Single to Alaska

Petoonya

23 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

A partner is free to participate or not in any activity

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

If he get too stinker-ish about him, I'll be glad to deal with him 🙂

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks you two! My husband is being a stinker about it but oh h. It's my money too and I really want to do this.

LOL

Go for it

I was going to do a solo cruise  a couple of years ago  ..a friend was also on the cruise 

then DH decided he would like to go 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Hey... it is  or was his choice not to go.   He has nothing to complain about it was his decision.   Once I booked a long  cruise  for my wife an I.. She decided   not to go...  Fine   I went it... was her call  Marriage  is a cooperative partnership... not a prison .  A partner is free to participate or not in any activity...    He choose not to .... again HIS decision totaly

You're right Dan. I've never done anything like this before and I don't want to find out I'm a lonely odd duck. I did a short trip not long ago, just a few days, and had a blast. So maybe it'll be OK. I'm a loner so probably be perfectly content. 🙂

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

Go for it

I was going to do a solo cruise  a couple of years ago  ..a friend was also on the cruise 

then DH decided he would like to go 😁

LHT....

He's really being such a bonehead about it I have half a mind to check tomorrow to see if the PPT-SFO cruise we're on in April has a single supplement! I'd like to add "lol" to that but I'm halfway serious. He threatened to back out of that one if I go to Alaska now.

There's lot of time- he's not an unreasonable man. I'm sure he'll come around but if not  I'll just have to be the merry, married, cruising supplementary lady 😉

5 hours ago, clo said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

If he get too stinker-ish about him, I'll be glad to deal with him 🙂

Clo- I DO believe that you could give him an attitude adjustment. Or a sucker punch.

5 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

LHT....

He's really being such a bonehead about it I have half a mind to check tomorrow to see if the PPT-SFO cruise we're on in April has a single supplement! I'd like to add "lol" to that but I'm halfway serious. He threatened to back out of that one if I go to Alaska now.

There's lot of time- he's not an unreasonable man. I'm sure he'll come around but if not  I'll just have to be the merry, married, cruising supplementary lady 😉

MEN!!!

wait until there is something he really wants to do then play his game LOL

I dealt with DH & his moods  years ago went along with what he wanted to do

so now I just ignore  him & that bothers him more than me  😉

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

MEN!!!

wait until there is something he really wants to do then play his game LOL

I dealt with DH & his moods  years ago went along with what he wanted to do

so now I just ignore  him & that bothers him more than me  😉

You crack me up LHT!!!

I'm sure I'm just as much of a pain sometimes too. But right now I'm getting the silent treatment which like you feels liberating. Now I'm planning a trip to Disneyland with two of my grandkids....hee hee.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

he's not an unreasonable man

I guess you mean that he hasn't been unreasonable before.  But he is now.  BTW, how old are y'all (more or less)?

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

MEN

I've said about Bob decades ago that if I told him I needed to move to Europe for three months and that he couldn't come, he would sincerely say "have a great time."  It's not just gender although I think men may try to control women more often than the reverse.

21 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

But right now I'm getting the silent treatment

Sheesh, does he have ANY reason for this, rational or otherwise?  Or he just doesn't like it.  Tell him that I aka Bruni can come to the Oregon coast in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

I guess you mean that he hasn't been unreasonable before.  But he is now.  BTW, how old are y'all (more or less)?

I hate to say as it's not to do with cruising but I guess it has to do with a cruise supplement, right?

No, he's always been a silent treatment kind of person I have to admit. He will not get his way on this though I swear. And I'm 60, he's 73. No dementia- very healthy. It's not poor health.

Have wonderful friends and some of them know the way hubby is. Lots of people to let my hair down with including sisters.

Edited by Petoonya

Just now, Petoonya said:

And I'm 60, he's 73.

I'm 72 and he's 75. And Bob's not real talkative either.  But he's the most fair person I've ever known.  I wasn't speculating about mental health.  He'll get over this, hopefully sooner rather than later.  Best, Cath

5 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Tee-hee!

Cath- I do a ton of speculating on mental health in this situation!!!!  Love ya!  Nancy

Oh, my, me too.  For the life of me I could NOT remember two of the bushes in our yard...currants!!!!!!!!!!!!!