Key West At Christmas

legaljen1969

We will be in Key West via Brilliance of the Seas on December 24th.  Will there be much of anything open?  If so, is there anything in particular that is really fun for a visit on Christmas Eve? Schedule says we will arrive at 11 a.m. and depart at 7 p.m.

Hoping with it being a big holiday, there may be something of interest outside of the usual walking down the street and hitting the tourist shops.   We may do some sort of excursion or tour, but if there is anything special we might want to take into consideration, I am open for suggestions.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:04 AM, momofmab said:

We'll be on the same cruise!  *Following

Glad to see someone else who will be on this cruise.  I was sure there were some out there. I can hardly wait.  It would be funny if we ran into each other at some point.

20 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

Glad to see someone else who will be on this cruise.  I was sure there were some out there. I can hardly wait.  It would be funny if we ran into each other at some point.

Looking forward to it too!!  We've never been on a "Holiday Cruise".  It will be here before we know it!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also going to be on that sailing!  This will be our 4th time on a Christmas cruise that stops at Key West on either Christmas Eve or Christmas (Enchantment 2017, HA Oosterdam 2016, Celebrity Constellation 2015). Everything will be open.  It will be festive and fun!  One of our favorite memories of Key West at Christmas is listening to music by a singer in a Santa suit outside on the deck at Kelly’s (now First Flight Brewery). We have cruised Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter.  Love holidays at sea!

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, CDJcruiser said:

I am also going to be on that sailing!  This will be our 4th time on a Christmas cruise that stops at Key West on either Christmas Eve or Christmas (Enchantment 2017, HA Oosterdam 2016, Celebrity Constellation 2015). Everything will be open.  It will be festive and fun!  One of our favorite memories of Key West at Christmas is listening to music by a singer in a Santa suit outside on the deck at Kelly’s (now First Flight Brewery). We have cruised Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter.  Love holidays at sea!

Please share any "must do's" with us.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, legaljen1969 said:

Just go to your ship's roll call board and hopefully you will run across more people

17 hours ago, Herfnerd said:

Just go to your ship's roll call board and hopefully you will run across more people

Sadly - only one person on the roll call...

Edited by momofmab

1 hour ago, momofmab said:

Make that 4 - I just joined 😉

Hey 4 is better than none.    I told organizer I would be sailing with my parents and he said "If we see you in the Diamond Lounge we can have a drink." I had to admit I was a Platinum Peasant.  LOL 

• 2 weeks later...

We  come down to KW for Christmas every year. It is, as previously mentioned, pretty much business as usual. A few small businesses and restaurants do close, but most are open.  Sunset will be at about 5:45, and you'll see the usual celebration at Mallory Square - something that is definitely worthwhile to check out.  Unfortunately, you'll have to be on board before it gets dark enough to really enjoy all of the lights along the bight (harbor). You will see some of them though in the area near where the ships are located.

• Like 1