Charlottetown, Sept Isles, Gaspe, Corner Brook, Saguenay

Slugsta

We are looking forward to visiting the east coast of Canada in September/October. We will be visiting Saguenay, Sept-Isles, Corner Brook, Gaspe and Charlottetown, among others.

Does anyone know whether the cruise-line is likely to charter the local busses and taxis in these towns, or will we be able to do these independently? I don't want to pay  cruise-line prices unless there is no option. On the other hand, I don't want to get there and find there is nothing available because the cruise-line has pre-booked everything!

There are independent tour providers in Saguenay, Corner Brook and Charlottetown.  Sept Iles and Gaspe are quite small so you may want to consider doing a ship tour in those ports.  

In Saguenay, there is a HoHo that has two routes.  You can find more information here:  https://tourisme.saguenay.ca/en.  Do not miss the welcome put on by the local townspeople there!  They'll have local treats and entertainment.  Also get up early for the sail down the fjord; it is stunning in the morning light.

I don't know a lot about Corner Brook but I will know more in a couple of months!  I've been advised to go to Gros Morne National Park and told (by a local) that there's not much to do in Corner Brook.  For PEI, there are many independent tour providers.  The one we used a few years ago was Take the Island Adventures.  Billy was very good and gave us a full day's tour.  Here is the link to the tour we did:  https://taketheislandadventuretours.webs.com/amazingpeiexperience.htm.  I would certainly recommend him again.

I hope your enjoy your cruise to these Canadian ports!  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1