Formal nights on the Crown

shopgirl151

3 minutes ago, dfdub said:

A Princess cruise is not a camping trip, no matter how much your paid for your accommodations. When you are on a "Luxury" cruise ship ..  act like you are getting one up on everyone , (because your are) and be just a bit over the top with your actions, manners and attitude.  We ALL have paid the fare... you get to make it a big deal or not with your actions and appearance.  IMOHO!!!

:classic_wacko:..:classic_huh:...:classic_rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, dfdub said:

A Princess cruise is not a camping trip, no matter how much your paid for your accommodations. When you are on a "Luxury" cruise ship ..  act like you are getting one up on everyone , (because your are) and be just a bit over the top with your actions, manners and attitude.  We ALL have paid the fare... you get to make it a big deal or not with your actions and appearance.  IMOHO!!!

Are you suggesting Princess cruises are on 

“luxury” cruise ships?  Are you certain about that?  🤔 😀

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

33 minutes ago, dfdub said:

You make it sound as though you're in competition with all the other people as to who can dress up the best. LOL 😁

Go for it if it makes you feel you have to outdo the other people. 

After all, it is your cruise to enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Are you suggesting Princess cruises are on 

“luxury” cruise ships?  Are you certain about that?  🤔 😀

Enjoy your cruise.

I enjoy EVERYONE of my Princess cruises.  I paid my fare and would like to enjoy my cruise thinking everyone else paid good money to have a good time and worth ALL the the money they paid. I don't think that it is correct that just because you want to diminish your experience...  you should be able to affect all of the others.  Enjoy every one of your cruises...  make them a very memorable experience and don't be the odd man out!!!!

6 minutes ago, dfdub said:

I don't think that it is correct that just because you want to diminish your experience...  you should be able to affect all of the others. 

Everyone appreciates the ship in their own fashion & their way of doing things by no means should affect your enjoyment of the cruise.

Unfortunately some people seem to think so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, dfdub said:

I don't think that it is correct that just because you want to diminish your experience...  you should be able to affect all of the others.  Enjoy every one of your cruises...  make them a very memorable experience and don't be the odd man out!!!!

are you implying that the way I CHOOSE to dress make YOU enjoy your cruise more or less ... seriously ???

that's wacked ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dfdub said:

I'll be the one in formal wear on "Formal Night".  

Do you  believe other PAXs care if you wear your tux’s on “Formal  Night”?,  And so what if they choose to wear something nice but less than Formal Wear/  tuxs?   Not because to please you.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

4 hours ago, dfdub said:

Right on!   😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dfdub said:

I enjoy EVERYONE of my Princess cruises.  I paid my fare and would like to enjoy my cruise thinking everyone else paid good money to have a good time and worth ALL the the money they paid. I don't think that it is correct that just because you want to diminish your experience...  you should be able to affect all of the others.  Enjoy every one of your cruises...  make them a very memorable experience and don't be the odd man out!!!!

So everyone has to dress to make you feel good.  Why can you not dress in a way to make others feel good? After all they paid their fare and would like to enjoy their cruise thinking everyone paid good money to have a good time and worth ALL the money they paid. How is it diminishing their experience if they are dressed the way THEY feel comfortable.  So by lock step conforming to others instead of being themselves makes a "memorable experience?"  Not likely.

Edited by Potstech
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfdub said:

I'll be the one in formal wear on "Formal Night".  

Good for you.  If we are on the same ship I will be the one in a dress shirt, nice pants and athletic shoes, might even try crocs.  We both should enjoy our cruise experience.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1