Daily activities on Gem

Megsan17

Hi, I am thinking about taking NCL Gem out of NYC dec.13 it’s 8 nights 3 which are sea days. I was wondering what are the  activities  during the day normal on NCL only ever been on Royal. If some could post the daily  activities for the Gem on a sea day that would be great.  

Also, does anyone have pictures of the menu in the main dining?

Thanks in advance  for any help! 

Hi,

You can search on google for the menu as well as for ncl daily freestyle newsletters on a cruise.

If you wanted to see a preview of previous menus, go to this site:

https://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-gem-menus.html

You can then click around to see other things from that site.

Trivia in the morning, noon and in the evening.

A Movie shown, shopping events/sales/tastings/demos

You will not be bored. There are plenty of things to do.

For Freestyle Dailies - look for recent ones from the Dawn doing the 7 days out of NYC, they are very similar - difference is the itinerary has the overnight stay in Port Canaveral vs. a midday arrival & sailing at 9 PM.  

For some of the popular NCL Specialty Dining menu, along with pictures - you can view them here, taken this January on the Escape & remained unchanged as late as this May on the Dawn.  -  

As for the MDR, there are a total 14 sets of menu being rtated - subject to provisioning and local variations for ships sailing in different regions, etc. etc. - this should give you some ideas on what to expect. 

6 times a charm on the Gem..great all around ship. Always something to do either in the Spinakker lounge or the Atrium..Gym activities..art classes..towel folding..the bars..

Sometimes the entertainers have dance contests..magicians teach magic..

You'll be fine.

My partner and I did 10 days on the beautiful Gem in March. We are younger 30ish and always found things to do during the day. I enjoyed the napkin folding, sushi making, and other cooking demonstrations. Also, dance classes were fun and the karaoke tryouts. We wished they had some additional enrichment opportunities but we realize it isn't Cunard and put on out party hat's until we do a crossing. 

2 hours ago, SolocruiserMA said:

My partner and I did 10 days on the beautiful Gem in March. We are younger 30ish and always found things to do during the day. I enjoyed the napkin folding, sushi making, and other cooking demonstrations. Also, dance classes were fun and the karaoke tryouts. We wished they had some additional enrichment opportunities but we realize it isn't Cunard and put on out party hat's until we do a crossing. 

did the 10day Gem last March as well. Did you miss the Antigua port and go to St. Maartins instead of St. Kitts ?

On 7/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, Megsan17 said:

Hi, I am thinking about taking NCL Gem out of NYC dec.13 it’s 8 nights 3 which are sea days. I was wondering what are the  activities  during the day normal on NCL only ever been on Royal. If some could post the daily  activities for the Gem on a sea day that would be great.  

Also, does anyone have pictures of the menu in the main dining?

Thanks in advance  for any help! 

I don't have any dailies, but they are similar on every ship, at least as far as activities on sea days. NCL manages to have somethng going on all the time. I would not worry about being bored.

15 hours ago, yearsofcruising said:

did the 10day Gem last March as well. Did you miss the Antigua port and go to St. Maartins instead of St. Kitts ?

We did miss St Kitts. They routed us to St Maartin. It's alright, we hung out on Orient Beach but we were really looking forward to trying a new island. Antigua was removed before we sailed. Lots of changes to this itinerary.....  

We are looking at Bermuda next year. It's our favorite quick cruise. We are 3 days from Gold, finally lol 

3 hours ago, SolocruiserMA said:

We did miss St Kitts. They routed us to St Maartin. It's alright, we hung out on Orient Beach but we were really looking forward to trying a new island. Antigua was removed before we sailed. Lots of changes to this itinerary.....  

We are looking at Bermuda next year. It's our favorite quick cruise. We are 3 days from Gold, finally lol 

doing canada/new england next month , but will be booking those islands again for March on the Bliss ( I think the ship )..

I hung out with the magician on the xtra day at sea.. lol

Edited by magicmawk

On 7/25/2019 at 8:54 PM, poohdreaming said:

Trivia in the morning, noon and in the evening.

A Movie shown, shopping events/sales/tastings/demos

So then, one might say,   ♪♫"Trivia in the Morning, Trivia in the Evenin', Movies at Supper time!"♫♪

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, andychris said:

Any information on the 10 night from NY in February.  Any info and tips would be appreciated.  Are there more activities indoors for the first and last couple of days since it will be cold.

Thanks!! 

They seemed to host the usual activities but moved them to indoor locations when cold. I didn't sense a greater emphasis on scheduling additional inside activities due to weather constraints. 

Mind you, we were never bored and it warmed up quick enough for my Bostonian butt to spend lots of time at the great outdoors starting the afternoon of the second day.