Medallion Net precruise cost vs buying onboard?

gottagocit

For the last several Princess voyages we found the best rate for an internet package that fit our needs was the one offered onboard when first setting up our internet account. That offer has always had a better per minute rate than those offered precruise. Is this still the case with Medallion Net or is it now cheaper to buy precuise.  

We have a 16 day South America/ Antarctica voyage booked for January and I see we have two options precruise in our crisis personalizer including a daily package offer of $14.99 per day for up to 4 devices and a single user package for the entire voyage at $129.99. 

Will elite passengers be credited somehow for the free minutes we get each voyage if we purchase a package?

Thanks,

Chris 

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes you are correct.

I’m sorry but don’t know what this answer means. I’m correct about what?

I was asking a question about the best rate for Medallion Net. 

Elite can use their minutes for a discount on wifi medallion net.  Are you on a medallion net ship.  I sailed in Feb on Caribbean Princess;  Pre cruise price was exactly the same as onboard price.  

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

For the last several Princess voyages we found the best rate for an internet package that fit our needs was the one offered onboard when first setting up our internet account. That offer has always had a better per minute rate than those offered precruise. Is this still the case with Medallion Net or is it now cheaper to buy precuise.  

We have a 16 day South America/ Antarctica voyage booked for January and I see we have two options precruise in our crisis personalizer including a daily package offer of $14.99 per day for up to 4 devices and a single user package for the entire voyage at $129.99. 

Will elite passengers be credited somehow for the free minutes we get each voyage if we purchase a package?

Thanks,

Chris 

Ship??

There usually is a cheaper price with forfeiture of the Platinum/Elite minutes if you purchase onboard.

1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

I’m sorry but don’t know what this answer means. I’m correct about what?

I was asking a question about the best rate for Medallion Net. 

Yes you're correct that Medallion bet us indeed cheaper when you get onboard. like the others have mentioned if you're platinum or Elite it's 25% off the pre-boarding price that you see online. so in my opinion it's best to wait and do it the first day you get on board the ship to purchase it.

59 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes you're correct that Medallion bet us indeed cheaper when you get onboard. like the others have mentioned if you're platinum or Elite it's 25% off the pre-boarding price that you see online. so in my opinion it's best to wait and do it the first day you get on board the ship to purchase it.

Okay. That helps. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

I wonder if it's about time that Princess amends the Plat/Elite internet bennies to state something like "25% off internet packages on Medallion net ships."🤞

Why?  As it stands, one can either use their Elite/Plat minutes OR get 25% off pkgs.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Why?  As it stands, one can either use their Elite/Plat minutes OR get 25% off pkgs.  

Sorry, I didn't state that as well, figured it was inferred. 

Edited by Redwing55

Does the 25% off apply to the 4 device package also? (for elite) My sister and I are sailing next April on the Regal. One package is $59 pre cruise. 4 devices are $104. Could I get the 4 device package and split it with my sister? And will it be 25% off of the $104?

Thanks,

Janet