Switching Specialty Restaurant in Explore4

non

I keep reading amazing reviews about Tamarind, more so than Pinnacle Grill.  We have the Explore4 package which includes dinner at Pinnacle Grill.  Is it possible to request a switch to Tamarind instead?  If so, is it a good idea?

Since you are asking to switch from a more expensive restaurant to a less expensive one, it is likely your request will be honored. More than once I have requested trading in a Pinnacle dinner (more expensive)for a Pinnacle lunch (less expensive), and it was quickly granted.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the specialty restaurant reservation desk at embarkation and to the Tamarind restaurant directly and they all told me no.  I wasn't that impressed with our dinner at Pinnacle Grill.  The tenderloin my wife ordered was really good (although she ordered medium rare and it came medium, but it was really tender), and our friends enjoyed their fish dish (Salmon and Halibut).  My bone in ribeye was almost inedible.  It was tough and full of gristle.  I was only able to eat 1/4 and told the waiter when he came to clean up the table.  No response.  I didn't want anything anyway as I was very full from my wife's leftover tenderloin.  The group agreed that we preferred the main dining room compared to our experience with Pinnacle Grill.  The food isn't that much better, we enjoy being with our bigger group, we liked having the same waiter that we had for the week, and we like being able to order multiple main courses to share as a group so that we can sample the different variety.