Lisa, 

So glad to have you here on CC! I love reading about the #CrewUpForWomen initiative, and the steps Celebrity is taking to close the gap and employ more women on their crew. Congrats on getting to 22% !

One of the biggest struggles for Women in Industry is not just about diversity and equal representation, it’s about equal pay for equal work. What is a Celebrity doing to tackle the pay gap? What is your dream for other companies to work towards equal pay as well?

My husband and I are looking forward to our very first X cruise aboard the Equinox on 9/7 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I’m sad I won’t be able to meet the “famous” Captain Kate, a great example of a strong woman breaking the glass ceiling! 

Edited by Willow1213
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lets see what LLP has planned before criticizing.

Hope the program  will include   an outreach component  for all areas of mgmnt,  maritime jobs,  engineering,  tech, entertainment,  hotel  and food services..

Role modeling is key.."If you can see it  you can be it!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The pay gap is the difference between what men and women make working full time, all pooled together.  It doesn't take into account career choice or overtime pay.  Men working on average 14 more hours per month, generously inflates their paychecks with overtime rates.  

I assume ship pay is salary, but I'm not sure how you go about solving this on land.

• Like 1