Transportation from Downtown Phillipsburg

300dtc

We are thinking of going on an island tour of St. Maarten and have the option of being dropped of downtown at the completion and get ourselves back to the cruiseport. How far is that? How much would it cost to go back or is it walking distance? Thank you

3 hours ago, 300dtc said:

We are thinking of going on an island tour of St. Maarten and have the option of being dropped of downtown at the completion and get ourselves back to the cruiseport. How far is that? How much would it cost to go back or is it walking distance? Thank you

I would opt for getting dropped off in town. Walk around enjoy and then when you're ready take the water taxi back to where the ships dock. $5.00pp when doing only a one way. You can walk but .... personally .... I never care to as it's a bit far and usually hot. The choice will be yours once you see for yourself.

It is about a 15 minute walk from ship to the end of the shopping area.  From the center of the shopping area a little further.  It also depends on how fast you walk but it is over a mile.  The sidewalks have been redone and do make the walk better than it used to be pre-Irma.    

9 hours ago, 300dtc said:

Thank you both! Are there land taxis in town also? And how much should it be to get back via that option?

Yes...but do opt for the water taxi...a great ride and view. Once there and you see it I have no doubt you'll water taxi...most everyone does.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes...but do opt for the water taxi...a great ride and view. Once there and you see it I have no doubt you'll water taxi...most everyone does.

Are the water taxis wheelchair accessible?

15 hours ago, gtaylor said:

We have seen the water taxi crew boarding people with wheelchairs and even scooters.

gary

We have not during several trips there...perhaps it was timing...so the poster may want to check this out once there.

• 2 weeks later...