Help finding a beach trip Barcelona - Rome

windsurferfirst

Hi.

I am trying hard to find a beach trip on one of the stops on the Barcelona - Rome cruise 10th August. I have looked at the Princess organised trips and cant see anything that would fit for a couple of hours beach trip, Im not opposed to getting a cab at the port, but to be honest not knowing the ports too well I wouldn't have a clue as to where might be a good port to look for a beach stop. I did think Portofino might be a good place, I remember going there over 30 years ago but the Princess itinerary is very vague. My 13 year old Granddaughter loves the beach so if anyone could throw me some guide ropes I would appreciate it.

Ports of call 

Gibraltar

Marseille (Provence), France

Genoa, Italy

Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Barcelona itself has a number of beaches that are not that far from the port we have been there just as a city break and it’s a great destination as it is a city break and beach holiday all in one. You can probably get a cab to the nearest which is at most 5-10 mins ride.

just realised u are probably starting cruise from Barcelona!

Edited by Tina1967

Of the ports you list I agree Barcelona would probably be your best bet. Plan to arrive a few days early. There are many guidebooks available and also information easily accessible online on how to get to the beach; you don't need a tour.

I second the recommendation for Barcelona. You also have to mind the water temperatures. It is always a lot colder in the Gibraltar area because the Atlantic ocean comes in that way. For example water temp today in Gibraltar is 68, and it is 80 in Barcelona.  

Marseille has a beautiful beach along the waterfront in the city Sorry, don’t know the name The beach at Cassis is also wonderful, if your time in port allows you to get there and back