Questions about the Caribbean Princess

TipsyT

We haven't cruised for over a year so I've got a few questions I'm sure y'all can answer for us. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks.

Is there still a coupon in the coupon book for 2 for 1 at a specialty restaurant on the first night?

Is the Lap (Lotus) pool heated? We will be on a cold Canadian/Greenland cruise but I'd still like to use the pool if heated.

Are the sauna and steam room available for anyone to use or do you have to purchase access?

We'd like to swap out our complementary mini bar for coffee cards. Do they actually still use cards or is it done via the medallions? Also, we have a few punches left on some old coffee cards. Will they still be honored?

Thanks in advance!

Trish

9 minutes ago, TipsyT said:

We haven't cruised for over a year so I've got a few questions I'm sure y'all can answer for us. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks.

Is there still a coupon in the coupon book for 2 for 1 at a specialty restaurant on the first night?

Is the Lap (Lotus) pool heated? We will be on a cold Canadian/Greenland cruise but I'd still like to use the pool if heated.

Are the sauna and steam room available for anyone to use or do you have to purchase access?

We'd like to swap out our complementary mini bar for coffee cards. Do they actually still use cards or is it done via the medallions? Also, we have a few punches left on some old coffee cards. Will they still be honored?

Thanks in advance!

Trish

The coupon book is hit and miss.

We have them listed in the personalizer for an upcoming cruise but have not seen the 2 for 1 dinner in awhile.

IMO Princess pools are not heated

The old coffee cards with unused punches and no expiration date are good until 08/31/2019.

The new coffee package is added to your account/Medallion and are only good for your cruise.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:46 PM, TipsyT said:

There are 2 different coupon books. One is practically worthless and the one you're referring to is the "cruise night coupon book". They still issue them but just at certain times of the year. If you booked a cruise around June this year they were giving them away. I was told it was only for a short time & possible they would do it again in the fall.

You can find out you'll be receiving one (per person) by checking your Princess account under the Travel Summary & it'll be listed. Otherwise you might only receive the regular booklet. 

Yes, it is heated.

Yes. Free to anyone.

If you still have punches on the old coffee cards they're good until Aug 31, 2019. Don't waste them for regular brewed coffee since they'll punch your card during the day. I believe they still give free brewed coffee before 6 AM- NO punch.

Thanks in advance!

Trish

See above.

25 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes, if it's the one issued by a TA.

So you're saying that if you book a cruise directly with Princess there's no possibility of getting a CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOK? 

It only comes from TA's? 

On our last 2 cruises we booked through a TA & both of us received them on both cruises. Our next 5 cruses were also booked through a TA & we receive them on all the trips.