Just back off the Grand, Alaska - update on water soaked room and general review!

ian441672

Still never saw a blower. But on our very last night we finally witnessed a leak! We saw a single drip from the ceiling in the photo gallery area. No buckets or obvious wet spots. May have just started. 

Otherwise the ship appeared to be in very good shape from our experience.

1 minute ago, Dani24 said:

Still never saw a blower. But on our very last night we finally witnessed a leak! We saw a single drip from the ceiling in the photo gallery area. No buckets or obvious wet spots. May have just started. 

Otherwise the ship appeared to be in very good shape from our experience.

Glad you had a leak free vacation!

Hope you had a fantastic cruise, mind you, how could you not on that itinerary!  Welcome home and glad you enjoyed.

Sounds like you did way better than us on the Grand. Our Caribe cabin flooded and took 3 days to dry. As a transplant recipient who has to stay away from molds etc etc, and even after talking with passenger services, received 100.00 each. I only got that after raising concerns. 

We were on the first cruise after drydock in March celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and there were lots of leaks all over.  And parts of the ship (our section of Dolphin included) didn't have hot water for the first 24 hours.  We were kind of given the runaround about it.  My husband called and went down to guest services at 10 p.m. the first night and was assured by phone maintenance was coming and then when he went down to the desk advised maintenance had been there (they hadn't).  The next morning when he wanted to shower, and he was going down to the desk at 6 a.m. he ran into the room steward who mentioned that they knew at noon the first day that our cabin didn't have hot water!  If we would have been notified, we would have just shrugged our shoulders and said okay, let us know when it's fixed.  In our opinion it was made worse by not telling us.  My husband and I and my parents had a good laugh retelling our cold shower experiences over breakfast.  We were given a bottle of wine and some OBC ($50 maybe) for our trouble/experience.  It didn't ruin our trip, we just wished it had been handled differently.