Question on Escape returning to NY

JoeTec

Hi we will be on the Escape in 1 week!! So excited. Does anyone know what time we will be coming back under the Verrazano bridge & past the Statue of liberty?  I have seen some people say at sunrise but I want to make sure I am awake & don't miss it.

One of our favorite NCL mega ships ... I try to keep track of our homeport ships, if & when I can, aided by MarineTraffic App / dot com.  For the last 3 weeks, the Escape apparently got under the VZB between 2 and 4 a.m. plus another 20 or 30 minutes for passing the SOL shortly portside.  

When we came back last November, we slipped past SOL around 5 a.m. - went back to sleep again ... too early to be dragged off the ship, not until we get to do our disembarkation routine of heading to the MDR for that final sit-down morning full breakfast.  

Ship's live Nav Channel - 21 or 22, forgot - has the basic stats on her cruising speed & ETA/distance to next port ... have a look by Saturday afternoon/evening for a good guestimate of likely arrival time into Lower NY Bay, although she will typically slow down further due to the seasonal Right Whale protection zones around the NY waterways.  

IMG_20171105_055513.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Hmmm so do I hope for a storm so we are delayed coming back to see the sol at sunrise but get seasick in the process or stay up to see it in the dark????  Lol. Thank you both so much for your answers & pictures

All good answers above. 

Listen to the Captain’s announcements on the ship the day before disembarkment. He will be be pretty spot on on what time you will be under the VNZ Bridge and past Lady Liberty the next morning. She will be lit up no matter what. 

Hope you don’t feel sick!

Have a great cruise. 

P.S. Hudson River tides have a lot of influence on the ship’s arrival back to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. FYI. 

Edited by meatball_nyc
Additional info

Good late evening/super early morning ... welcome the Escape home @ 01:00 - sailing under the VZ Bridge now, should be at the SOL port side in another 15 minutes & turn north onward for the Hudson River, at/approaching Pier 88 around 2 a.m ... some of the crew members out on the bow area, taking in the night lights of the harbor. 

Must had a good tailwind coming back, wasn't going all that fast at 14 or 15 knots earlier on AIS data.  Morning's disembarkation should be early & on-time, etc. 

Screenshot_20190804-005326[1].png

Screenshot_20190804-010417[1].png

Screenshot_20190804-011009[1].png

Edited by mking8288