Captain's cocktail party on Marina

PleaseDont

2 hours ago, PleaseDont said:

Is the Captain's cocktail party for everyone, or just for previous Oceania cruisers? Is it very dressy?

Nothing on Oceania is” very dressy!😁

I believe they have separate parties one for everyone  and one for past cruisers.

1 hour ago, orchestrapal said:

Nothing on Oceania is” very dressy!😁

I believe they have separate parties one for everyone  and one for past cruisers.

Captain's party is for everyone and usually occurs on first sea day or (depending on itinerary) first day with early port departure. If you are on an "extended journey" cruise, it is repeated on each segment The main event usually starts at about 5:30 PM and complimentary drinks are served there and at other bar venues for two hours +\-.

Dress as you would for dinner in the GDR or in Specialties. 

Oceania Club cocktail party is for Oceania Club members (which includes everyone who has had, at least, one previous Oceania cruise). Same dress and logistics as Capt. Party but on a different night (though it is only in the main venue). With often 70%+ repeat O cruisers, invitees will often be split into two parties on different nights; and, if you're receiving a next level pin (e.g., silver, gold, etc), you'll be invited to both. 

Anyone considering the monetary value of the booze packages on any particular cruise may want to do the math taking these events (and personal wine/spirits) into account.

For example, we recently did a two-segment cruise (18 days total) where our "social calendar" included  2 Capt. parties, 4 O Club events and an Officer dinner. Add to this our own half case of wine and occasional shipboard bottle buy. At the bottom line, our average daily purchased spirits/wine-by-the-glass would not have met the "four complex call doubles plus tip" threshold for "prestige package" value.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

. With often 70%+ repeat O cruisers, invitees will often be split into two parties on different nights; and, if you're receiving a next level pin (e.g., silver, gold, etc), you'll be invited to both. 

not in my experience  

Maybe if you have 30 +  cruises you are  but not for Gold or Silver   ..we only had one invitation

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

I've been invited to both on some that weren't milestone cruises and not invited to both on cruises that were. I've never seen any logic to it. 

seems odd

It does not matter to me 

I like to go & see who the top spenders are 😉