When are they replacing silk harvest with LPC on the solstice?

Redking

9 hours ago, capsplace said:

The Cruise Planner for our October cruises show "LPC at Silk Harvest".  Perhaps a combo?

Possibly. The planner for our cruise in September shows that same. Still no confirmation of when they are actually refitting SH though. Presumably sometime between now and 23 September - maybe, maybe not? In waiting place 😉

24 minutes ago, Redking said:

Possibly. The planner for our cruise in September shows that same. Still no confirmation of when they are actually refitting SH though. Presumably sometime between now and 23 September - maybe, maybe not? In waiting place 😉

Our planner for August 30 shows LPC, no other information.  No Silk Harvest mentioned at all.  I hope SH is still there when we board, as I love it!  Will report here as to what we find in 12 days.

1 hour ago, JMB27 said:

Our planner for August 30 shows LPC, no other information.  No Silk Harvest mentioned at all.  I hope SH is still there when we board, as I love it!  Will report here as to what we find in 12 days.

Thank you. I'm really hoping it will be loc for our cruise. Maybe you will have both options?

• Like 1

Update on this situation for our Aug. 30 sailing:  our shoreside concierge (finally!) reached out yesterday, and she sent specialty restaurant menus that included the regular Silk Harvest menu.  I inquired to her about booking it as I hadn't wanted to when it appeared to be LPC, and today she called and confirmed that the SH menu she sent would not be available, with LPC in Silk Harvest as the only option.  So it appears that the changeover is complete, or at least will be within nine days.  If we get on board and find something different, I'll provide an update.

Edited by JMB27

1 hour ago, JMB27 said:

Update on this situation for our Aug. 30 sailing:  our shoreside concierge (finally!) reached out yesterday, and she sent specialty restaurant menus that included the regular Silk Harvest menu.  I inquired to her about booking it as I hadn't wanted to when it appeared to be LPC, and today she called and confirmed that the SH menu she sent would not be available, with LPC in Silk Harvest as the only option.  So it appears that the changeover is complete, or at least will be within nine days.  If we get on board and find something different, I'll provide an update.

Thank you so much for the update. Bummer that you won't get your SH option. 

• Like 1

Hate to keep posting about the same thing, but I received another update today.  I noticed over the weekend that Silk Harvest had been added to my cruise planner, and sure enough the shoreside concierge called today and told me that it will NOT be switched over to LPC in time for our cruise.  The information that she was given is that the Solstice will not be switched until after the Millenium has been, which has not yet happened.  Something about equipment not coming in on time.  In any case, will definitely be a little while, but I hope it will be switched for your sailing since I know you're looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, JMB27 said:

Hate to keep posting about the same thing, but I received another update today.  I noticed over the weekend that Silk Harvest had been added to my cruise planner, and sure enough the shoreside concierge called today and told me that it will NOT be switched over to LPC in time for our cruise.  The information that she was given is that the Solstice will not be switched until after the Millenium has been, which has not yet happened.  Something about equipment not coming in on time.  In any case, will definitely be a little while, but I hope it will be switched for your sailing since I know you're looking forward to it.

Update very much appreciated👍My planner is still showing LPC but maybe that is looking doubtful  for our 23 Sept sailing? Should hear from the shoreside  concierge soon, see what they have to say? Oh well, more reservations for Tuscan and Murano I guess. First world problems! 

4 hours ago, Redking said:

Update very much appreciated👍My planner is still showing LPC but maybe that is looking doubtful  for our 23 Sept sailing? Should hear from the shoreside  concierge soon, see what they have to say? Oh well, more reservations for Tuscan and Murano I guess. First world problems! 

I agree!  It's an embarrassment of riches for us.  I think it looks doubtful that it would be changed for your sailing, but maybe it will come through.  As you said, no problem with Murano and Tuscan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oville said:

In her Q&A LL-P answered all ships would have LPC by the end of the year.

Thank you. I actually asked that question. Forgot to go back and see if she answered it.

5 hours ago, saphir said:

I will,be on Solstice in 2020 September and I have only Silk Harvest (not LPC) on my Cruise Planner. 🤔

Maybe they haven't yet changed the planner for cruises that far out?

I highly recommend going to see LPC on the ships that currently have it and on upcoming cruises when they refit the rest. It's a fantastic evening of fun and food. We've now seen both versions of the show and had a great time, every time.

For us LPC was a once visit -- cute and quirky  - and a bit of fun - nice food served "en-mass " ,  but the second time with the surprise and novelty lost , the limited menu and wedding like serving of each course all together - its not a fine dining experience - especially at $55 ph .

Not sure how the concept will evolve -- and how regular cruisers will react - for us its one less specialty dining venue on our next cruise .

On 8/28/2019 at 3:39 AM, hammo said:

For us LPC was a once visit -- cute and quirky  - and a bit of fun - nice food served "en-mass " ,  but the second time with the surprise and novelty lost , the limited menu and wedding like serving of each course all together - its not a fine dining experience - especially at $55 ph .

Not sure how the concept will evolve -- and how regular cruisers will react - for us its one less specialty dining venue on our next cruise .

I think they've actually been really smart about it.  They now have two different shows with different menus. And also alternate menus for each, so there are definitely choices for food. We thought the surf and turf meal was excellent during the first show and loved the truffle ravioli and steak for their newest version Le Petit Chef and Friends.  As to how they will evolve, it made me think of Toy Story and some of the other popular franchises.  They are up to Toy Story 4 now!  New stories and creative will keep it fresh and keep us interested.  But I will happily go back again for that lobster and filet. Now that I've seen LPC and friends with the competing chefs, we are looking forward to seeing what they come up with next!

2 hours ago, RobCaron said:

I think they've actually been really smart about it.  They now have two different shows with different menus. And also alternate menus for each, so there are definitely choices for food. We thought the surf and turf meal was excellent during the first show and loved the truffle ravioli and steak for their newest version Le Petit Chef and Friends.  As to how they will evolve, it made me think of Toy Story and some of the other popular franchises.  They are up to Toy Story 4 now!  New stories and creative will keep it fresh and keep us interested.  But I will happily go back again for that lobster and filet. Now that I've seen LPC and friends with the competing chefs, we are looking forward to seeing what they come up with next!

I'm going to be disappointed if they haven't made the change on the Solstice for our 23 September cruise. There are a lot of seas days, be nice to have different offerings. We always seem to be last on the list in Australia/New Zealand market. Years before we had a home based Solstice class ship. The Solstice will be the last to be revolutionised even though she's the oldest in her class and now looks like she might be the last on the list to get LPC. Come on Celebrity lift your game 'downunder'! 

50 minutes ago, Redking said:

I'm going to be disappointed if they haven't made the change on the Solstice for our 23 September cruise. There are a lot of seas days, be nice to have different offerings. We always seem to be last on the list in Australia/New Zealand market. Years before we had a home based Solstice class ship. The Solstice will be the last to be revolutionised even though she's the oldest in her class and now looks like she might be the last on the list to get LPC. Come on Celebrity lift your game 'downunder'! 

Will keep my fingers crossed for you! If not this cruise, see it on your next. Have a wonderful time mate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saphir said:

I was able to book LPC at Silk Harvest on my cruise in September 2020 😁

I'd hope it's done by then. I can book it for Sept 2019😁. The issue is whether they will have switched it by then.🤔

I have good news for you, @Redking!  We dined at Silk Harvest last night, the first night it had been open on our cruise that started August 30.  It had been closed all week partly in preparation for the changeover.  We were informed that the next sailing (beginning tomorrow) they will be getting the training for LPC, and then as of the Sept. 13 sailing the changeover will have been complete, with LPC fully replacing Silk Harvest at that time.