When are they replacing silk harvest with LPC on the solstice?

Redking

If reports on social media platforms are to be believed, it  seems that Silk Harvest is soon to be replaced with LPC on the Solstice. Whilst passengers have reported Celebrity have advised them of this through cancellation of their Silk Harvest reservations on upcoming cruises, I can't find any confirmation from Celebrity. We are not fans of SH and would really like to experience LPC on our upcoming cruise on Solstice in September. She is not scheduled for dry dock, so my question is, if they refit 'in-situ" what type of itinerary are they most likely to do it on? She leaves Vancouver in September to re- position  downunder - would they refit during a sea day intensive itineraries, in which case we might miss out on the chance to experience LPC and may have construction work going on during our cruise? Alternatively will they refit during the more port intensive itineraries once she has arrived in Sydney? If they are refitting, I'm picking they will have it done before the Christmas cruise? Thoughts? Intel on how they do refits in 'in-situ'? 

13 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Can't believe they think that expanding this one and done restaurant makes even the slightest bit of sense.

Yes I've read that. Hopefully they will take on the feedback and combine it with Qsine?

We were on the Eclipse when they changed  to LPC.  It was done during a 12 night cruise.  The restaurant was closed about 4-5 nights into the cruise. From what I understand it reopened as LPC at the start of the next cruise

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Redking said:

Yes I've read that. Hopefully they will take on the feedback and combine it with Qsine?

Yes, Qsine at least has enough variety that you can go there a number of times and not repeat the menu.  Yes, the experience is kind of the same, but the food not so much.  LPC is same menu, same IMHO hokey video.  Definitely a one time experience.  If they are counting on always having new pax every sailing, then maybe, but not for regular cruisers.

• Like 1

FWIW, I am sailing on Solstice on 8/9 and have a reservation for Silk Harvest and haven’t received any notification that it is cancelled or changed to LPC.  According to this it will turn over right after our sailing gets back to Seattle on 8/16:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Le_Petit_Schedule.pdf

It looks like Celebrity may have posted this schedule over a year ago though, so very possible plans have changed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GenerationX said:

FWIW, I am sailing on Solstice on 8/9 and have a reservation for Silk Harvest and haven’t received any notification that it is cancelled or changed to LPC.  

Gen X - I will be on the same voyage and was wondering the same thing (I have some OBC and considering my specialty dining options)...Guess we will both have to wait and see.  I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports here on CC so if I see you out and about I’ll be sure to say hi!

8 hours ago, GenerationX said:

FWIW, I am sailing on Solstice on 8/9 and have a reservation for Silk Harvest and haven’t received any notification that it is cancelled or changed to LPC.  According to this it will turn over right after our sailing gets back to Seattle on 8/16:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Le_Petit_Schedule.pdf

It looks like Celebrity may have posted this schedule over a year ago though, so very possible plans have changed.

Thank you for the info GenX. I just searched the CC forum and found this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2680178-solstice-still-have-silk-harvest/?tab=comments#comment-57919854

Post no. 5 says that SH went on 12 July. I just checked my cruise planner and it listed as LPC at SH whatever that means i.e is it LPC every night or are some nights the old SH menu?

Silk Harvest is gone  gone -- Celebrity cancelleed the reservation - received this today - I have cut out the detail , but the onboard credit already returned to the account . 

Poor form , in my opinion 

Dear Peter,  

Your order has been cancelled. Please print this page for your records.

Cruise Sailing Summary  

Ship Name: Celebrity Solstice

Onboard Credit Summary  

Specialty Dining Cancellation Summary  

Day 2 12-Oct-2019 At Sea

Dining At: SILKDINNER - Silk Harvest
Reservation Time: 2019-10-12 08:30 PM
Total Cost *: 63.00 USD

Cancellation(s) for Guest(s) in Reservation

You will be contacted once onboard to confirm your reservation.
Email specialtyrestaurant@celebrity.com with questions.

It does all seem a bit haphazard Hammo, especially if you had already made a booking. We are actually at the other end of the spectrum, not fans of SH and hoping for a new offering. Hope you enjoy your cruise nonetheless.

7 hours ago, chefchick said:

Gen X - I will be on the same voyage and was wondering the same thing (I have some OBC and considering my specialty dining options)...Guess we will both have to wait and see.  I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports here on CC so if I see you out and about I’ll be sure to say hi!

Thanks chefchic!  Yes it seems like inconsistency and confusion abounds with Celebrity on this one.

It is so odd (but not necessarily surprising) that others have had their reservations changed/cancelled but mine is still on my calendar and showing as Silk Harvest.  I think I’ll leave the reservation for now and ask about it at the specialty dining table once I get onboard. If it turns out to be LPC I’ll likely ask to change to a Tuscan Grille reservation or ask for that OBC back and use it for a wine event.  

We did LPC on Infinity last year and enjoyed it, but aren’t really interested in doing the same movie/menu again.

Looking forward to sailing with you! Hopefully we get a chance to meet!

We saw 2 different LPC shows with different stories and different menus. I'm sure that will be the same here. We LOVED it. The technology is amazing and our group laughed together the whole night. It was a highlight of our cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LouieT said:

We saw 2 different LPC shows with different stories and different menus. I'm sure that will be the same here. We LOVED it. The technology is amazing and our group laughed together the whole night. It was a highlight of our cruise.

Thank you for the  positive share. We have unlimited speciality dining, so may as well give it a go!

5 hours ago, LouieT said:

Hi LouieT!  Do you mind if I ask which ship you were on?  I wasn’t aware they’re doing more than one show/menu per cruise now.  If we can do a show on Solstice that is different from the one we did on Infinity (it had the bouillabaisse with steak and sundae), we’ll definitely go again!

We were on reflection I believe (we cruise alot!), but think other ships offer the same now. There were 2 shows: 1 with the surf and turf dinner. The 2nd was 4 chefs competing to win the night. It was awesome.

There is so much conflicting and confusing information out there about Silk Harvest, but for what it's worth, for our September 6 sailing we were looking forward to eating at SH. In late May, when we started seeing reports that SH would be gone before the Revolutionizing takes place, I contacted Captains Club. The rep called me back a day later and said he asked the Solstice Food and Beverage Manager about our sailing. He was told that SH would be available for Lunch only. 

I hope that’s correct. I’m okay with a SH lunch but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share that I am currently onboard solstice and Silk Harvest is still operating as usual on our sailing and I’ve gotten conflicting answers onboard on when the changeover will occur.

Will be at an event with senior officers and staff tomorrow and will try and get better intel and report back.

Different ship, but Le Petit Chef is coming to Millenium soon.  I was able to make a reservation  on our November / December cruise today.  We were already booked at Qsine on the same cruise, but weren’t notified of the change over. 

20 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Just wanted to share that I am currently onboard solstice and Silk Harvest is still operating as usual on our sailing and I’ve gotten conflicting answers onboard on when the changeover will occur.

Will be at an event with senior officers and staff tomorrow and will try and get better intel and report back.

Thank you. Please report back if you get an update. We’re looking forward to one more visit to SH on our September 6th sailing.