GLEN MILLER SHOW

Tablelamp

This wonderful show which is shown on several ships, now has the narrator waving their arms about in time to the EXCELLENT music.   This is not a narrator’s job and detracts from the music.  Am I missing a change in the word narrator?

41 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

This wonderful show which is shown on several ships, now has the narrator waving their arms about in time to the EXCELLENT music.   This is not a narrator’s job and detracts from the music.  Am I missing a change in the word narrator?

Which ship are yo on, who is the narrator, is it the Entertainment Manager or one of the Ents staff?

I noticed it on the Azura and the Arcadia.  It was a crew member from the entertainment team.  In both cases the band was excellent.  Going to USA and Canada in September on the Aurora so I do hope if the band do Glen Miller, the narrator will act as a professional narrator.

We went to this show last year on Oriana.  Have to agree that the music was excellent.  Also found the narrative interesting.  Don't remember the narrator waving her arms though. Would certainly do this show again next time we're on board.

Surely the host is (or been told to) evoke the style the old band leaders. OK, they were actually conducting the orchestra, but still, plenty of arm waving from them too. 🙂

Anywya, I liked the show when I saw it last. Certainly more enjoyable than a certain overhyped show that's been recently added across the fleet. 😉

4 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

Surely the host is (or been told to) evoke the style the old band leaders. OK, they were actually conducting the orchestra, but still, plenty of arm waving from them too. 🙂

Anywya, I liked the show when I saw it last. Certainly more enjoyable than a certain overhyped show that's been recently added across the fleet. 😉

What "overhyped show" would that be?