Naples

RosemaryNJ

It depends on what you are looking for.  RIL is well loved on these boards in part because of their entertaining English speaking drivers.  If you are looking for transportation only and aren't as interested in the entertainment factor you can find less expensive transfers.

I think we need to be more realistic here...you are talking about committing a driver and car for 4 hours of driving, and that car and driver will most likely sit and wait for the return trip. Likely to be a 6 or 8 hour commitment. Not cheap.

30 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

It depends on what you are looking for.  RIL is well loved on these boards in part because of their entertaining English speaking drivers.  If you are looking for transportation only and aren't as interested in the entertainment factor you can find less expensive transfers.

Very true. I was surprised at the inexpensive cost of a transfer from Sorrento to Pozzuoli (about one and a half hours) when we arranged it through a local travel agency in Sorrento a few years back, compared with the costs I see posted here on CC. I wish there was a way to surface/give access to more of these local transfers here... 

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think we need to be more realistic here...you are talking about committing a driver and car for 4 hours of driving, and that car and driver will most likely sit and wait for the return trip. Likely to be a 6 or 8 hour commitment. Not cheap.

We are looking for transportation and yes we would need the driver to wait for us. It would probably be a 7 hour day. We got one price quote of 300 euros. This was a company rated well on TripAdvisor.  I was looking for a comparison quote 

thanks

45 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

You could also take the local train to Benevento and just get a driver from there.

We thought of that but looking for easiest way for the day. My grandfather grew up in Colle Sannita so we are looking to see the street where his home was, church and cemetery. We only have the one day.