Coral Princess Sth America, Machu Picchu Tour Questions

Suzez

Hi, I am looking at booking a cruise on Coral Princess, Jan 2021. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that has recently sailed on this ship. We have sailed on Crown, Emerald and Royal. Royal being one of our favourite ships.  We like a mini suite, not interested in club class as we like to dine with different people. 

When was Coral last updated? is she due a refit soon?

Are the TV s on the wall in the mini suite like they are on Royal?

Looking at mini suites on D deck D 404 or D406 . 

Any useful info or photos fully appreciated. 

We hope to get this cruise booked very soon.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Edited by Suzez

Just back from a week in Alaska on Coral.  Prior to that had only sailed on Sea Princess in 2000!

I loved Coral and found her to be in good condition after her last refit, which I believe was in January.  I think she is 'Medallion-ready' if that is of interest to you.  There was a little rust around balcony doors but other than that no problems.  The interior was in excellent condition throughout.  Being smaller than most of the Princess ships, she is easy to get around and never felt crowded.  As well as the main Theatre, she also has the two-storey Universe Lounge (huge stage with three revolves on it!) as well as the single storey Explorers Lounge, so has good entertainment options.  Being older (built 2002), she is perhaps not going to look/feel as flash as the more recent ships you have been on but will probably have some similarities to Crown in terms of decor/feel.

The TV in our standard balcony cabin was a pretty large flat-screen on the wall.

Happy to answer any other specific questions you may have about Coral.

22 hours ago, Britboys said:

Just back from a week in Alaska on Coral.  Prior to that had only sailed on Sea Princess in 2000!

I loved Coral and found her to be in good condition after her last refit, which I believe was in January.  I think she is 'Medallion-ready' if that is of interest to you.  There was a little rust around balcony doors but other than that no problems.  The interior was in excellent condition throughout.  Being smaller than most of the Princess ships, she is easy to get around and never felt crowded.  As well as the main Theatre, she also has the two-storey Universe Lounge (huge stage with three revolves on it!) as well as the single storey Explorers Lounge, so has good entertainment options.  Being older (built 2002), she is perhaps not going to look/feel as flash as the more recent ships you have been on but will probably have some similarities to Crown in terms of decor/feel.

The TV in our standard balcony cabin was a pretty large flat-screen on the wall.

Happy to answer any other specific questions you may have about Coral.

Thank you, some useful info 🙂

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@Suzez

Here is a video of D407 which should have the orientation of D406 and the opposite (mirror-image) of D404. (Confirmed with some older still photos of D402.)

Thank you 🙂

On 8/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes.......you mentioned it in the title but didn't ask any questions?   🤔

Ah sorry for the confusion. I am mostly interested, at this time, in the ship. However, if anyone has done the 6 day land tour to Maccu Picchu I would be very interested in hearing how it was. 🙂

Edited by Suzez

So, I have been on both the Coral and Emerald. Coral was about 5 years ago, prior to upgrades. Emerald twice in last two years. In terms of layout, they are actually fairly similar. Of course, the Coral is smaller with fewer venues. We like them both.

We did the Machu Picchu two day tour in March 2018, leaving the Emerald for two days mid-cruise.  While pricey, the tour was superior in every way. Charter flight to Cuzco, great hotel in Cuzco (JW Marriott), train and bus to MP. Great guide who stayed with us the whole time (they broke us down into groups of about 12-14 people.)  If it is anything like the two day, I recommend it very highly.  The train food was not great (not Princess's fault) but the hotel's was!  We spent a half day on site (they now limit visit length)--that was sufficient time.  Everyone we spoke too who took the tour said it was worth every penny and a major highlight.

We did the 6 day pre land tour with Princess and it was excellent. Great hotels and very good meals. The guides were very good too. 

I have a question about the ship too. Are the decks that run across the back open to passengers?....