Catamaran Tour

richbum

St. Maartin is the only stop we have not chosen an excursion. I am thinking about a catamaran tour. We will range in age from 3-50 so we are looking for something family friendly. Can anyone recommend a tour...or something that isn't a catamaran is fine...just as long as it is family friendly!

On 8/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, richbum said:

St. Maartin is the only stop we have not chosen an excursion. I am thinking about a catamaran tour. We will range in age from 3-50 so we are looking for something family friendly. Can anyone recommend a tour...or something that isn't a catamaran is fine...just as long as it is family friendly!

The Golden Eagle is an excellent operation and they depart from Dock Maarten which is a 5 minute or so walk from the Cruiseship pier. 

There have been a few catamarans that do nude sailings over the years but they advertise them as such. You will not get on one of those without knowing.😂

2 hours ago, Karysa said:

The Golden Eagle is an excellent operation and they depart from Dock Maarten which is a 5 minute or so walk from the Cruiseship pier. 

There have been a few catamarans that do nude sailings over the years but they advertise them as such. You will not get on one of those without knowing.😂

Thank you...No nude ones for us! haha...

We did this tour just a few months ago.  The catamaran is stunning, they treated us great. Food was great as they barbecue it right onboard and you can help yourself to drinks in the cooler for the entire time and kept asking us if we wanted more.  We stopped for snorkeling, beach and swimming, even saw a turtle. Captain had the cutest dog onboard and my kids loved him.  We will definitely do this again when we are in Saint Martin.

Edited by rayal8
drinks not drinking

On 8/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, rayal8 said:

We did this tour just a few months ago.  The catamaran is stunning, they treated us great. Food was great as they barbecue it right onboard and you can help yourself to drinks in the cooler for the entire time and kept asking us if we wanted more.  We stopped for snorkeling, beach and swimming, even saw a turtle. Captain had the cutest dog onboard and my kids loved him.  We will definitely do this again when we are in Saint Martin.

How many people were onboard?  I'm looking for a private trip or one that isn't packed full

• 3 weeks later...

Not a catamaran tour but an awesome excursion.  We went with them last year and still a year later my son is talking about it.  He had a blast and we loved it.  They were super friendly, funny, and just all around awesome.  They made our cruise.  They have amazing reviews!!! 
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147347-d2083816-Reviews-Soualiga_Destinations_Boat_Tours-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

We will be going back to St. Martin in 2 weeks and trying to book with Random Wind (its a catamaran tour that got great reviews) but currently the day we are in port they do not yet have enough people booked.  I am still hoping that they get more interest the day we are in port but if not we will be going out again with Capt Bob/Soualiga Destinations.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147347-d1014743-Reviews-Random_Wind-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

Edited by TEGL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Loved Random Wind. Crew was so attentive, tarzan swing was fun, food and beverages were excellent. Shade on the cat, slanted stairs to get on and off the cat, plenty of swim noodles, a paddle board and a kayak. Will do this again anytime we are in St Maarten. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, tkere said:

Did you go on this tour crossfitmama?  I am looking at this for March.

Yes we just did it a couple weeks ago and LOVED it. The Captain is a really nice guy named Ian and he has a little dog Ginger that my kids just loved. The Catamaran is immaculate and super roomy and comfortable. We had drinks all day, had options for beach and snorkeling stops.We saw turtles and lots of fish too. The captain barbecued yummy chicken and there were great sides, pastas and salad.  We will definitely do this again next time we visit St Maarten. We even sailing into the bay where you have the planes landing close to the beach, which was kind of cool. Maho beach?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 8:16 PM, crossfitmama said:

Yes we just did it a couple weeks ago and LOVED it. The Captain is a really nice guy named Ian and he has a little dog Ginger that my kids just loved. The Catamaran is immaculate and super roomy and comfortable. We had drinks all day, had options for beach and snorkeling stops.We saw turtles and lots of fish too. The captain barbecued yummy chicken and there were great sides, pastas and salad.  We will definitely do this again next time we visit St Maarten. We even sailing into the bay where you have the planes landing close to the beach, which was kind of cool. Maho beach?

Thanks so much for letting me know!  We leave in less than 3 weeks and can't wait!