NCL App for 12 year old dd

2kruzers

Leaving Saturday on Dawn and just downloaded the NCL app to all our phones.  It then asks for our log in for ncl which works for my husband and me as we each have an account but she doesn't.  So my question is will she be able to get her own number from ncl to use the app for texting/calling us on board?  Is this something we will have to visit the internet cafe to set up for her?  In the past, we have just made meeting times and left notes in the room but thought we would try to "upgrade" this trip.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Is there a difference between NCL app and NCL iconcierge app, I can only download the regular NCL app that shows my cruises etc., I am wondering if that is the same one that shows things on the ship once you are on board.

" The Cruise Norwegian mobile app is not intended for children under the age of 13. However, permission by a parent or guardian in the same stateroom can be granted through their mobile app. To grant permission, a parent must log into the app with their information, open the main menu, select the CHILD ACCESS menu option, and follow the instructions. "

https://www.ncl.com/apps

Thanks for the info - I am assuming I will see this once I am on board.  Does anyone know if there are limitations to having the child access?  Really just looking for a way she can text and let me know what she is up to (still at Splash Academy, getting ice cream with friend...)

15 hours ago, 2kruzers said:

Leaving Saturday on Dawn and just downloaded the NCL app to all our phones.  It then asks for our log in for ncl which works for my husband and me as we each have an account but she doesn't.  So my question is will she be able to get her own number from ncl to use the app for texting/calling us on board?  Is this something we will have to visit the internet cafe to set up for her?  In the past, we have just made meeting times and left notes in the room but thought we would try to "upgrade" this trip.  Thanks in advance for the help.

We are just back from the Jewel and downloaded and signed up our 12yo with the app on his phone.  While I used my NCL account login info for my phone, he used the ‘Find my reservation’ login (his name, his birthday, cruise date) to log into the app on his phone.  I don’t know if this was a problem just on the Jewel, but we were disconnected frequently from the app’s WiFi, which caused missed messages.  When we were back online, the app was a great way to keep in touch.  No difference in app for a child so far as I could tell. Text and calls worked great.

Edited by netchik
Added point about no child restriction