World Cruise

Clipper Chick

I shared with a friend. I took one large suitcase, one medium suitcase and two large holdalls plus hand luggage (medications nearly one on their own!). My friend took similar. The cabin steward took any bags we didn't want away but I kept one hardsided case that opened in half under the bed as a "drawer" and in which I packed purchases made along the way.  P&O will give you the info you need on personaliser to obtain visas. You can use their approved company but I did my own without difficulty.

Clipperchick, I did a 49 day cruise around the Horn of South America a few years ago and got by with one pullman and a backpack.  The shipboard self-serve laundry helped keep the packing list down.  On formal nights I wore a black sport coat over a black ribbed T-shirt with a pair of black slacks, alternating the black T-shirt with a white one.  Everything else was a mix and match simple color palette for smart casual nights.  Simple and basic.  

I'm figuring I'll do the same for a world cruise, but add a shirt and tie or two to the mix.

Edited by SargassoPirate

I did a couple of world cruises on Aurora - Both around 106 nights. I’m afraid I took 6 suitcases and 18 pairs of shoes! I think There were at least 30 formal evenings but that might be less now (did mine in 2012 and 2013). I certainly wore formal outfits at least twice. It mostly all fitted in my cabin wardrobe but was glad not to be sharing. The suitcases went inside each other and under my beds but the cabin steward will also store any of the cases for you that are not hidden away.

Visiting the launderette is a necessary evil and timing was everything. A laundry bag, washing machine tablets and colour catcher are essentials!

Many of the visas you can do online but for trickier ones I used CIBT who were and I presume still are located opposite London Victoria Station. I found them very efficient.

It will be something you will never regret doing.

We did the 65 nights cruise round South America 18 months ago.  We took two sets of three suitcases - one large, one medium, one small in each set.  We also took an old fashioned suitcase - not deep but fairly wide, good for formal gear, plus a wheel on cabin case each as hand luggage.  I also had a laptop bag.  The suitcases were easy to store as they fitted inside each other but the steward did take the other case away to store for us.  There were people with more cases than we had!