Help. Looking for stand out excursions that you really enjoyed in Jamaica (Falmouth)

The Fun Researcher

On 9/30/2019 at 4:33 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks for the suggestions all, we're going with Ricardo Riley of Liberty Tours Jamaica.  We have a custom tour setup. 

Our tentative plans so far:  Doing the Martha Brae bamboo River Rafting, Touring the Rose Hall Great House and then hitting up Scotchies for some authentic jerk chicken or fish.

Dan

Hi Dan, I've been to Ocho Rios before on a ship and we went to the Blue Hole and ate at Scotchies. It was good, but, if your ship is docking in Falmouth, I don't think you will have enough time to visit Scotchies.

I'm just starting to do some research on Falmouth activities. It is close to Rose Hall, but a nice ride to Scotchies, unless they have a branch restaurant in Montego Bay.

I'm interested in finding a driver/tour of Montego Bay. Basically, I hope to be picked up at the ship in Falmouth, driven into and around Montego Bay. It appears Montego Bay is about 20 miles from Falmouth. 

Can anyone recommend a driver in Falmouth/Montego Bay? I assume I could just get off the ship and find someone with a car.

Thanks for any information.

Paul

Dan, I stand corrected. There is a Scotchie's on Falmouth Road in Montego Bay. Perhaps I'll stop there too!!

I'm going to call Liberty Tours and ask about a driver.

All we really want to do is drive from the Falmouth port into downtown Montego Bay and walk around. I read about "Richmond Hill". We'd like to drive up there too. Basically, just drive/walk around, stop every now and then for photos of the bay, eat at Scotchie's etc...

We went river rafting and the falls when our ship ported in Ocho Rios a few years ago. I wonder if "ported" is a correct word???

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 6:51 AM, Yunqi said:

Dan, I stand corrected. There is a Scotchie's on Falmouth Road in Montego Bay. Perhaps I'll stop there too!!

I'm going to call Liberty Tours and ask about a driver.

All we really want to do is drive from the Falmouth port into downtown Montego Bay and walk around. I read about "Richmond Hill". We'd like to drive up there too. Basically, just drive/walk around, stop every now and then for photos of the bay, eat at Scotchie's etc...

We went river rafting and the falls when our ship ported in Ocho Rios a few years ago. I wonder if "ported" is a correct word???

Check out Courtney Taylor Private Tours best of Falmouth and Montego-Bay 

Thanks Jimmie. I'll call him tomorrow. 

Another idea I had today is renting mopeds and driving around ourselves. I'll research that too, but, if anyone is familiar with a moped/scooter rental place near the Falmouth pier, feel free to respond.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, luckyfincruiser said:

Dan - How did you arrange the private tour with Ricardo?  Through the contact link on page?  And can you give a review here of it when you return in March?

I do believe it was through the website, yes.

We were all set to do a day tour with them but I had to cancel today.  My mom, who's going with us, just fell and broke her femur.  Fortunately, surgery and recovery is going excellent and it looks like she'll be able to still cruise with us, however I'm sure she won't be up for this day tour.  Since we wanted to tour as a family, we're going to look into other options now.

Dan

• 1 year later...

Know Jamaica Tours

We have used Know Jamaica Tours twice now.  Both times we had a fantastic time with them.  We were picked up once in Falmouth and once in Ocho Rios. Now we were not all that interested with the normal tourist attractions like the blue mountain nor Duns Falls.  We opted for a food and cultural tour.  A couple of high lights; visited Usain Bolt's high school, a great jerk restaurant, a really cool private beach, the beach James Bond's beach in Dr. No, a grocery store to get inexpensive coffee and a bunch of cool places.  Whatever your interests are they will accommodate you and you will have a fantastic time.

• Like 1