2 for 1 specialty dining coupon

h-sar

We always get a coupon book in our cabin from our TA and the only useful thing to me is the specialty dining coupon. We’re a family that’s good with tap water, so don’t even redeem for the bottled water. This Christmas, we are booked on two separate weeks, back to back, on the Sky. For those of you who’ve done two weeks as two different cruises, did you end up with two coupon books, one at the start of each week,  or just one the first week? Tried looking on my personalizer, but don’t see anything yet for either week, although the rest of my perks show up. I know I can email my TA, but then I wouldn’t get to socialize with my CC friends 😉.

If we do only end up with one the first week and it can only be used embarkation day, do you suppose I could use the coupon for the Crown Grill on embarkation day of the SECOND week? Last year, on Regal, they were very firm about only being able to use it the first day when we tried to switch it to mid week. But maybe the first day of the second week is allowed? 

For those of you wondering why we can’t just go to CG on the very first night...

A few reasons: our embarkation day ritual is always Alfredo‘s for a nice multi course lunch which means that a huge steak dinner at the Crown Grill later that evening, even late, is out of the question; if we are doing set dining, we like to meet up with the waitstaff and check out our table that first night; but mainly we like to do the CG after a busy port day when we are good and hungry for dinner.  On embarkation day and sea days, with lots of food at hand on the ship, we pretty much have been grazing all day.  That was probably more information than you really needed to know, LOL. 

We have 3 cruises booked.  On our Sky Princess cruise in Jan 2020 we do not have the coupon books but on the Star Princess in June 2020 our TA gave both me and my wife a coupon book for a 10 day cruise (hope to find someone who needs one) and on the Enchanted Feb 2021, 14 day b2b, we both got them and I am hoping to use them at the start of each 7 day cruise.

18 minutes ago, famski740 said:

We have 3 cruises booked.  On our Sky Princess cruise in Jan 2020 we do not have the coupon books but on the Star Princess in June 2020 our TA gave both me and my wife a coupon book for a 10 day cruise (hope to find someone who needs one) and on the Enchanted Feb 2021, 14 day b2b, we both got them and I am hoping to use them at the start of each 7 day cruise.

Do you know where the book shows up as a perk on your cruise personalizer?

We've received 2 booklets on each of our independently booked cruises in the past (Feb 2019) and also for our upcoming trips. It should be shown as such in the personalizer if you're going to get them or not. They're shown under the "Boarding Pass and Travel Summary" section. Then under the print section. 

We used the first coupon the first cruise & the second coupon on the next cruise leaving us 2 coupons for our next cruise in the fall. 

These CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS are only issued during certain periods of the year and possibly you didn't book during that time? 

Again we'll be receiving additional booklets in the fall but won't be able to cash in on all of them since I see that the coupons are dated Dec 31, 2019.

Edited by MissP22

I do not know about the cruise personalizer but my Booking Confirmation under the Onboard Credit by Passenger it shows each passenger that gets credit, and the Cruise Night Coupon Book is one of the credits.  It also show up on you Travel Summary under the Special Services section, again for each passenger.

Edited by famski740

4 minutes ago, famski740 said:

I do not know about the cruise personalizer but my Booking Confirmation under the Onboard Credit by Passenger it shows each passenger that gets credit, and the Cruise Night Coupon Book is one of the credits.

It sounds like they're showing the booklets under a different section for your trip? For the Crown this fall and for the Regal next year mine are all shown under the Boarding Pass and Travel Summary sections.

image.png.dec20a4ab5d0d3bcec6bbfb40eec3097.png

• Thanks 1

Yes, I said that it is shown on the Travel Summary under the Special Services Section like you show.  It also appears on your Booking Confirmation under the Onboard Credit by Passenger section.  The Booking Confirmation is what you receive from either Princess, if you book through them, or from your TA, if you book through one.

Just checked with my TA and my original query is a moot point as I won’t be receiving the book for the first time in I don’t know how many years ☹️. As one of you already guessed above, the timing of my booking didn’t match up with that particular promotion. Oh, well, next time! Thanks, everyone.