Airfare thru Carnival

I don't think so.  There is a phone number under Fly to the Fun.  We've booked flights this way for 2 cruises and both times I called the number.  I've also found that Carnival's prices go up and down, just as they do if you book yourself.

I've done before. Long time ago. 

The above link is old but still valid today.

Just be aware of what you are getting into and make an informed decision.

Buying your air travel through the cruise line is NOT the same as buying from the airlines website.

I've booked our flights through Carnival for our upcoming cruise this February.  Booked on Delta, chose our seats in comfort class and a direct flight on my choice of early morning two days before the cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wave61 said:

I've booked our flights through Carnival for our upcoming cruise this February.  Booked on Delta, chose our seats in comfort class and a direct flight on my choice of early morning two days before the cruise.

Glad to know you could pick seats and flight/itinerary!!

Was the price lower on the Carnival site than on the Delta site itself??

Just curious to know the advantage of booking the flight through Carnival??

9 hours ago, Wave61 said:

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Many people have no issues,,,,, until there is an issue.

I successfully used the withdrawal method in my younger days. It's not something I would recommend though. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Glad to know you could pick seats and flight/itinerary!!

Was the price lower on the Carnival site than on the Delta site itself??

Just curious to know the advantage of booking the flight through Carnival??

Princess (which is Carnival Corp) lets you book and control your air/pricing online so you can see what you get.  I wish Carnival would do the same.  Princess EZAir was exceptional for international flights (only one I have used) and since it was Delta I was able to go to my account on the Delta website and select my seats (even before final payment).  However, I understand that not airlines offer this advance seat selection so it's good to understand which airlines allow this option.

You can purchase either flexible or nonflexible fares.  I was surprised to hear the flexible fare was cheaper through Carnival than the nonrefundable fare.  With flexible fare you pay for it when you pay your final cruise payment whereas the other fare has to be paid at the time of booking.

You can pick your seats, at least with Delta, regardless of which fare type you choose.  About a month after  I booked my flights and chose my seats, I decided to upgrade to comfort class and so I called Carnival and they made the changes for me.

I check prices on Delta regularly and so far the prices have gone up so I saved quite a bit booking through Carnival.

We live in Ontario and so flying in February is always dicey weather wise.  I like the idea that if our flight is cancelled, Carnival will find a flight to the first port.  Hopefully we never have to find out how exactly that works.

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Yes, I have also used EZ Air on Princess but didn't think it worked the same way on Carnival .

I'm not sure how Carnival air does work but only know you cannot book or see your selection on their website....you must call. I guess my point was that since Princess is a Carnival Corp company as is Carnival and others, it would seem that might offer the same system.  Maybe someday...

I was hoping Carnival's air was like Princess. You Pay for your air when you pay for your cruise. I found prices better on Princess air then on the Delta site. I will check out the Carnival air for a future cruise.

My suggestion is to book on your own. I can normally  find cheaper fares then Carnival. Plus control the flight times. Our first cruise I listen to a few friends. Let Carnival book our air travel. Ended up flying the dasyof the cruise. 6am flight. . So were up at 2:30 to get ride to airport. Never got to Miami till after 3pm were the last ones on the ship. by the time the muster was done and we eat early dinning were ready for bed. One day of cruise lost.

I had used it a few times years ago but then 11 years ago was my last as the flights I received were really crappy.  I was flying alone with my 4 and 6 year old and they booked me red eye flights for the first leg and then a 3 hour wait until my second flight.  After the flights were booked, Carnival said I could make no changes.  I realize some people like red eye flights but I do not sleep sitting up.  I then had to deal with my 2 young sons.  Waking them up at 4am to get off the plane and then walk through a very large airport, clear US customs (we are in Canada) and then get them to the gate and then wait for the next leg of the flight with zero sleep for me.  

10 years later my sons are almost adults but I will never use their airfare again as I want to select my own flights.  I realize that most people are probably closer to the port than us and would get really good flights.  I had used them twice before that and had great flights but once I had this experience I was done. 

Anyway, this was just my experience.  They may have changed how they book flights as it my experience was 10+ years ago.  If the price is way better, then it may be the way to go for many.  Also, our hotel was included in the fare and ship transfers.  They also guarantee that they will get you to the next port if something happens.