Meet & Mingle Computer Glitch

Grandma Cruising

I just picked up from a Roll Call (thanks amp-qld) that Royal Caribbean have had a computer glitch that has ‘wiped’ the Meet & Mingle (Cruise Critic Social) guest lists across all their brands, including Azamara. I looked at my November cruise and found that when I entered the cruise details in ‘Search for a Party’  I was told no-one had registered, so it certainly seems to be true for our cruise. 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

55 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I just picked up from a Roll Call (thanks amp-qld) that Royal Caribbean have had a computer glitch that has ‘wiped’ the Meet & Mingle (Cruise Critic Social) guest lists across all their brands, including Azamara. I looked at my November cruise and found that when I entered the cruise details in ‘Search for a Party’  I was told no-one had registered, so it certainly seems to be true for our cruise. 

Same here. I checked our cruise yesterday and the same message came up. I didn’t connect it to computer glitch, but thought I had forgotten to register. Now it makes sense.

At least for people travelling on Azamara there is no need to register before sailing, it may be a nice to do to increase the chances (not ensure) you find a personal invite to the Cruise Critic Social in your room on boarding. However there will always be a party, Guest Relations will know when and you do not need to show your invite to enter the room.  To be honest the registration has been so hit and miss, incorrect info is often sent to the ship alternating with no info that with Azamara I am not sure the hassle of keeping check on am I registered or not is worth it.  Maybe for Azamara unless the data is being used by Cruise Critic for some other reason Cruise Critic should abandon this very flakey registration system.

You’re absolutely right, you don’t have to register to attend, however it does help Azamara to judge how many to cater for and where to hold the event. On our last two cruises the numbers were very different - well over 100 at the event on one cruise and under 20 on the other. The one with the larger number was held in the Caberet lounge, the other in the Drawing Room.

On our 8 cruises we have always had an invitation in our cabin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You’re absolutely right, you don’t have to register to attend, however it does help Azamara to judge how many to cater for and where to hold the event. On our last two cruises the numbers were very different - well over 100 at the event on one cruise and under 20 on the other. The one with the larger number was held in the Caberet lounge, the other in the Drawing Room.

On our 8 cruises we have always had an invitation in our cabin.

You are lucky for us it’s less than 50% overall and10% in

the last 2 years so the value has to

be questionable - those responsible onboard confirm it’s about the norm.

They’ve got pretty sophisticated tools based on demographics cruise types etc to predict most catering numbers these days. I hear they can predict MDR choices to within 5 dishes and event attendees to within 10%

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for posting this. I’ll forward to our web team.