Custody issue

jordanaire

5 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

That a text-book definition of a no-show........    He didn't show....

I know what a no-show is, but how do you explain to the Carnival rep at check-in that your 14-year old son is not with you? Especially when he lives over 1,000 miles away? Is he going to just walk into the terminal on his own? Without a parent? His mother won't be dropping him off. C'mon, man!

Edited by jordanaire

18 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

I know what a no-show is, but how do you explain to the Carnival rep at check-in that your 14-year old son is not with you? Especially when he lives over 1,000 miles away? Is he going to just walk into the terminal on his own? Without a parent? His mother won't be dropping him off. C'mon, man!

I have had to do this with my sister who could not come at the last minute. I told the rep at check-in that she would not be coming. The rep needed to know a reason. I said "she is sick". That was it. You could also say he missed his plane, got grounded, we are having custody issues. The check-in rep is not going to charge you anything at the point as they don't even work for Carnival but a port company. However if you call Carnival they will try to charge you. It seems complicated but it's pretty easy to do.  Good luck!

26 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

"My ex-wife stopped him from coming with me last minute." Done. How far away he lives is irrelevant. You came here asking for advice, and you're getting it, but it seems like you're having a hard time accepting it. First, you asked if he could just change the name in Cruise Manager and be done. We told you no, it doesn't work that way, but you didn't like that answer. Also, you gotten good no-show advice, but you're giving people attitude about that too. There isn't much more we can say.

If your son is going to take his girlfriend, then there will be no reason to claim the 14-year old is a no-show. Your son will have to call and make the change to the girlfriend. His son will no longer be a part of the booking at that point. What that process entails depends on the rate he booked.

• Like 1