Need quick be advice currently onboard....havana

mrlddst

Advice needed.....we are in a Havana room on the Horizon. We are booked beside a nice older couple who can't seem to say no to watching their grandchild in their room (Havana as well). We were woken up to the sweet screaming sounds of a 2 year old at 6am. And the stroller is clearly parked outside during the day so no afternoon naps for us either, we have been out during the day so it's not a big deal then. I was just really looking forward to sleeping in since my kids are home with my inlaws. We did speak to the steward but he seems to be scared to say anything. I thought you couldn't have anyone in the room under 12. He said they are platinum or something and are working around the rules. I didn't think it mattered. Any suggestions on what I should do? (As I type this, I can hear him yelling)

I would call security and express my concern about the child next to you because you know there are not any children allowed in havana. 
As in concern because the child is screaming and crying.  It's worrying you something is wrong.
Not that it's annoying you...lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice. The steward said he had his supervisor speak with them. Guest services said that the infant is allowed in the room but not in the Havana pool area. They told me to call them if the child is loud again and they will speak to them. Really confusing now because even the website says no one under 12 in the room......I will see how the morning goes.

Edited by mrlddst
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrlddst said:

Thanks for the advice. The steward said he had his supervisor speak with them. Guest services said that the infant is allowed in the room but not in the Havana pool area. They told me to call them if the child is loud again and they will speak to them. Really confusing now because even the website says no one under 12 in the room......I will see how the morning goes.

Carnival is not really known for enforcing rules. Except for the one that everyone in the cabin over 21 must order cheers if one person wants it.  

• Like 1

I take it that the child’s parents are there somewhere, too. So poor grandma & grandpa. I’m sure they love their grandchild, but they deserve some relaxation too. I wouldn’t hesitate to say something, as many times as necessary. Some people book those rooms specifically because children aren’t allowed. If you have to go to Guest Services again, have the Carnival policy pulled up on your phone to show them.

It’s about 4:45a and I see you’re approaching Cozumel. If this morning is anything like yesterday for you, the screaming alarm clock will be up before too long. Hope not, good luck. If it were me and I heard anymore screaming, regardless of the time of day/night, I’d report it again because I paid extra to be in an area where that shouldn’t be an issue. Let us know how it goes.

I kid you not, I remember posting in it, there was a thread on here not too terribly long ago. A couple, apparently the grandparents in the group, were wondering if they should get a Havana cabin. Other family members were going on the cruise too, with kid(s), and even though they knew the others couldn’t stay in Havana cabins for that reason, they were considering trying it just for the experience. It’d be crazy if these were the same people.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mrlddst said:

Update: No toddler screaming this morning and no stroller sighting! 🥰🥰🥰

That is awesome! If it happens again, I would address it directly with the Grandparents. Heck, they may be looking for a good excuse to not have to watch the child! I'm sure they aren't crazy about being woke up at 6:00 in the morning!!

Pat

1 hour ago, mrlddst said:

Update: No toddler screaming this morning and no stroller sighting! 🥰🥰🥰

Put a note on the mailbox, thank you for a good nights sleep and would be nice for the remainder of the cruise too!

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrlddst said:

No one under 12 is allowed to be booked in a Havana room, but anyone is allowed to visit people staying in Havana rooms.  We asked when we sailed on the Horizon, because we had a cabana and wanted to play a card game on our patio with some friends who weren't booked in a Havana room. Personally, though, I think they are abusing this rule.  Visiting does not mean sleeping in the room.  And I don't care if they are Platinum.  They doesn't give them carte blanche to ignore rules. 

That said, being in a Havana room doesn't necessarily mean that you will not be next to a room with a child.  There are Havana rooms on the 7th deck that are next to "regular" rooms.  I think the 12 and older rule is simply to keep young kids out of the Havana pool area during the day.  So it might be best to just let this go.  And use this as a reminder to never sail without ear plugs.  Because you just never know who you are going to be next to (adults can be loud, too).

Edited by bakersdozen12