Insignia Disembarkation Time -early flight MIA

martini cruiser

5 minutes ago, martini cruiser said:

I have an early flight from  MIA  11:30am after the Oct 23, 2019 Insignia cruise and was wondering if anyone has any input on disembarkation in Miami.  It is a Wednesday, Delta and I have global entry, and it is 1st class.

Martini Cruiser

Take a look at this recent thread:

you should be OK  just get off as early as you can

we have been at the airport by 9:30  after getting picked up at 9 am

but security for DL/AA flights  might be longer than  with AC 😉

martini,

We regularly book the 10:15 DL flight to Atlanta out of Miami.  We have always gotten to the airport by 9 AM by leaving the ship in the first group or 2 (we ask for 8 AM).  Taxis are plentiful, the fare is fixed, and the trip is no more than 15 minutes. 

Delta has so  few flights from Miami that curbside check-in and bag drop takes about 5 minutes and there are usually fewer than 10 people in the TSA line (and none in TSA pre-check which we have with DL).

We understand that there is the possibility of a problem with the ship getting clearance to start disembarking, putting this timetable in jeopardy.

We also understand we could be struck by a meteor.

You should be fine with your 11:30 flight.

If you were flying American, I wouldn't be so sure.  Miami is their major Latin American hub, and the traffic is usually backed up at least a quarter mile back from the terminal as we drive by to the Delta terminal.  Suffice it to say, we will never fly American out of Miami.

Is your disembarkation after a ta or repo? If so add additional time for disembarkation. The ship must be cleared, including the crew before passengers are released.

The Delta gates at MIA are not nearly as remote as they used to be which is great. If you need wheelchair assistance add additional wait time however.

Enjoy your cruise and safe travels home.

Just saw on the early morning news where MIA has the 3rd worst TSA waiting times in the US. Having said that I've never had issues getting to MIA after a cruise. I never book before noon but many times I've been at the gate by 9:30 or 10. 

You should have no problem presuming the ship is on time. I would recommend a taxi as the fastest way to the airport. Recently tried UBer out of the port but it was a 15+ minute wait. Taxis were immediately available and about the same price