Penknife in checked luggage?

pr0t

9 hours ago, smj777 said:

She said  'Because it was in the 'fridge and would have gone off by the time we got home!'

Go figure.

The security man saw the funny side thank goodness.

He must have a dizzy wife like mine.

I get it, "waste not want not" as they say!

Its the length of the blade itself that counts. Not the whole thing over all. OH has a swiss army knife he packed in the big case. Had to sit on the naughty step. 

Now if he takes it he puts in hand luggage so he can just hand it over.

Why does he need it...he used to be a boy scout. If the cabin is falling apart and just needs that bit there tightening...etc etc.

OOh and you never know when you may come across a horse with a stone in its shoe..

On 8/23/2019 at 2:17 PM, pr0t said:

glasses screwdriver, pencil sharpener etc, etc. THATS why I rather like having it to hand! 😡

Can’t believe the size of the screws in your glasses😂

Changed days. I bought my first SAK on board. It had a picture of Canberra marked on one side. 

13 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Changed days. I bought my first SAK on board. It had a picture of Canberra marked on one side. 

🙂 Check out the Victorinox Swisschamp. its a tiny grey one thats stored in the corkscrew. Perfect for specs! 👓

23 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Probably the same as my Oriana one, but with a different picture. They probably had one for sale on each ship in those days. I wonder if anyone has a set?

Edited by Denarius

A few years back I was just about to go through the body scanner at Southampton when I realised my trusty knife was in my pocket. After explaining that I had put it into pocket in error I was allowed to take it back and leave it in the care of car parking management to reclaim on my return.

I have packed a Swiss Army knife in my checked luggage all over the world on flights and cruises for over 40 years. It has a set of small scissors, a couple of blades, a regular and Phillips screwdriver, and the most valuable piece of life-saving equipment - a corkscrew.

The knife goes in my kit with a small aerosol of WD-40 (in case something doesn't move that is supposed to) a small roll of duct tape (in case something moves that is not supposed to) and a couple of small Super Glue tubes (in case something falls apart that should be together)

Of all of this, the corkscrew seems to get the most use.

I've never been questioned about my little kit that stays in my checked bag. I've always had the impression they are too busy looking for contraband hair dryers and alcohol.

Yep, I am old Boy Scout. Be Prepared.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 1