HAL Zaandam Montreal to Boston Aug 10, 2019 Review with Pictures

Match Game 72

When you did the kitchen tour Match Game 72, did you have to pay for that and did you sign up for that somewhere?  It sounds interesting and something my husband and I might be interested in. 

Thanks again for all your posts....they have been filled with great ideas.  We wanted a short get-away before the cold weather and did not want long flight times so that is why we chose this cruise.  We are a 2 1/2 hour drive to Montreal and a short jaunt from Boston to Ottawa and an home from Ottawa.  Perfect cruise for traveling times....not too long on any one item of transportation.

4 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Thanks for all of the posts and pictures. Even though we lived in Limerick, ME for a few years we did not make it up to Acadia National Park. A New England cruise is on our list of future cruises we hope to go on.

This was our second Canadian/New England cruise. My husband and I went on the Little Blue Boat 20 years ago. I may be biased because we live in Maine, but it really is a lovely area with lots of friendly people.

5 minutes ago, cormike1 said:

When you did the kitchen tour Match Game 72, did you have to pay for that and did you sign up for that somewhere?  It sounds interesting and something my husband and I might be interested in. 

Thanks again for all your posts....they have been filled with great ideas.  We wanted a short get-away before the cold weather and did not want long flight times so that is why we chose this cruise.  We are a 2 1/2 hour drive to Montreal and a short jaunt from Boston to Ottawa and an home from Ottawa.  Perfect cruise for traveling times....not too long on any one item of transportation.

The kitchen tour was listed in the daily planner, and it was complimentary. There was no registration for it. People gathered on the lower level of the MDR. We were asked to fill out a health form and then divided into groups of 20 people. It looked like about 70 people took the tour.

Have a great trip, and safe travels!

Edited by Match Game 72
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

This was our second Canadian/New England cruise. My husband and I went on the Little Blue Boat 20 years ago. I may be biased because we live in Maine, but it really is a lovely area with lots of friendly people.

We loved Maine, even with snow from October to May and having to shovel off the roof a few times one year. Maine truly has four seasons of beauty, and wonderful people. If our roots had not been in the Northwest, we might still be living in Maine.

• Like 1

Hi Match Game,

Did your cruise have an "Orange Party?"  If so, was it on a casual night?  More and more passengers are reporting this event on their sailings.  Just curious as to what's involved besides suggestion of wearing something orange.  In anticipation of this event during the Christmas/New Year's sailing, my son bought an orange Hawaiian print shirt this morning online.  I suggested that he wait until we get firm confirmation from ship's services that this event would indeed occur during our 2 weeks, but he liked the shirt anyway, so he purchased it.  Oh, well.

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Hi Match Game,

Did your cruise have an "Orange Party?"  If so, was it on a casual night?  More and more passengers are reporting this event on their sailings.  Just curious as to what's involved besides suggestion of wearing something orange.  In anticipation of this event during the Christmas/New Year's sailing, my son bought an orange Hawaiian print shirt this morning online.  I suggested that he wait until we get firm confirmation from ship's services that this event would indeed occur during our 2 weeks, but he liked the shirt anyway, so he purchased it.  Oh, well.

Yes, there was an Orange Party in the Crow's Nest. We saw the waiters setting up for it, but we did not stay.

Some other passengers were early. They were wearing casual clothing.

My son went to the Crow's Nest during the party. He was offered a small lobster roll.

Edited by Match Game 72