Beverage Package Upgrade while on sale

vatofla2009

Not normally.  I called and the upgrade was the normal $10+20%.  I was told the discount didn’t apply to the upgrade for my sailing.  

Once about 2 years ago there was 50% off the packages and I was able to upgrade at $5 +18%.  Only time it every applied to the upgrade in my experience. 

20 minutes ago, vatofla2009 said:

I received an email from Celebrity about a beverage package sale and I have the classic included as a perk. Can you upgrade before you go paying the difference at the sale price?

Yes, you can. I did it on my B2B Australia and New Zealand cruises next year.  

The 11 night cruise was £78.92 each

the 13 night cruise was £81.61 each 

if you change that to dollars, please be aware that the exchange rate was more favourable to the pound then than it is now. 

Edited by bengaltiger1

I received the email about 7-8 weeks ago and tried to upgrade but it was not showing on the planner page. I contacted Celebrity UK who advised that our sailing did not qualify for the sail so they gave me the equivalent of what I would have saved as OBC as an apology for getting the email in error.

Lo and behold I got the same email last week and went in to my cruise planner and was able to book it so I ended up saving the 10% discount plus the $30 or so that I got in OBC. What a boost, thanks Celebrity🍸🍸 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vatofla2009 said:

I called Celebrity and they would not le upgrade at the sale price. They quoted $10 a day +20% gratuity. Is it worth calling back to ask someone else?

Your sailing may not be included in the sale.

A way this can be confirmed is, by looking at your CP, it will show up there.

bon voyage

It showed up in our cruise planner as 10% off at $62.10 per day....We have the classic package and they would not let me upgrade at the sale price which would be a difference of $3.10 per day + 20%. We would love to upgrade to premium plus but she said no to that also.

Okay, it is clear to me now and I will try to clarify it for you...

This sale is for those who did not purchase any beverage package and not for upgrades from classic to premium.

As well, P+ can only be purchased as a stand alone package and is not eligible for any 'upgrade'.

Cheers and bon voyage

On 8/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, vatofla2009 said:

I received an email from Celebrity about a beverage package sale and I have the classic included as a perk. Can you upgrade before you go paying the difference at the sale price?

I have been able to upgrade with the discount by just calling celebrity for 3 of my cruises in the past with no issues.  We upgraded our drink package on our upcoming Med. cruise when they were having 30% off.  It was a fantastic deal in my opinion.  

My Cruise Planner offers the upgrade to premium for $12. Buying premium outright is discounted by 20%. I called Captain's Club to check on discounting the upgrade. They said that as a rule the upgrade is not discounted, but occasionally selected cruises offer the discount on the upgrade. My Infinity cruise is not one of them. In checking he said that several Constellation cruises are offering the discount on the upgrade now.