Best restaurant for lunch at Maho Beach

barb65

11 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Probably  Guy's  Driftwood  would be the closest. 

But I'm hearing on the RCCL forum that Sunset has reopened.  In the past, IMO, it's been 6 of 12,  half a dozen of the other as to which is best.  But a lot of people liked the old Sunset food better.

If planes are incoming, Guy's might be a bit less crowded.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, flamingos said:

How are the planes coming in - has the airport been repaired?  We were there last year on the one-year anniversary of Irma, and there were a dozen planes that came in, but most were quite small.  There was only one passenger jet.

The larger planes do not come until the afternoon.  The airport is open and functioning although still not fully.  When we were there in July there were three JB flights in and out, along with AA, Air Carib and many more.  

10 minutes ago, MandiesPharm said:

The larger planes do not come until the afternoon.  The airport is open and functioning although still not fully.  When we were there in July there were three JB flights in and out, along with AA, Air Carib and many more.  

Thank you. Is there a link to a schedule?  That would be awesome.

From a cruise ship, do you just take a cab to Maho Beach (or to one of the restaurants)?  If so, what is the cost (do they take USD) and are cabs readily available for the return trip? 

My husband and I would like to see the planes but are not beach people so we don't want to climb rocks or be in the sand.  Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, jennk4u said:

From a cruise ship, do you just take a cab to Maho Beach (or to one of the restaurants)?  If so, what is the cost (do they take USD) and are cabs readily available for the return trip? 

My husband and I would like to see the planes but are not beach people so we don't want to climb rocks or be in the sand.  Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

This topic has info about the taxi's and local bus service.  Any other questions feel free to ask!