Embarkation and Debark Port change for December 1st Silhouette sailing

G2G

On 9/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, 39august said:

Once again I am posting for those who need/want private shared shuttle to look at RideSAS.com. Inexpensive and reliable. We were going to change to a Miami hotel, but decided to stay with our Ft Lauderdale favorite hotel and have reservation for SAS to pick us up at 9:30 AM Dec. 1 and take us to POA for boarding. They will pick us up on debarkation day and take us to FLL. Thank goodness we have a flight after 1 PM. Be advised that there is no luggage valet  available for flights before 2 PM from FLL. I believe X should have given everyone a $50 OBC for the trouble. Not much trouble to us, but it is for so many. 

That sounds good... I wonder if you would mind telling us which hotel you use in Fort Lauderdale... and we will take a look online and book transportation on SAS to the Miami port  (around the same time).  It will save sorting through a lot of hotel info since you know the hotel and like it.  If you prefer I can give you our email address... but a bit leery of doing it on the forum.

We will also need to book a return to FLL on the 13th... we have a flight at 11:05 to Toronto.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, 39august said:

How will X know whether you flew in the morning of the cruise? I seriously doubt if they will be checking for proof for those who line up for their shuttles.  Luggage tags would show date, but could have already been ripped off. 

Why is Celebrity refusing to take those who come in the day before?  If we get to the airport what's the big deal??

On 8/30/2019 at 6:05 AM, Alakegirl said:

I don’t see how the December 13 cruise can leave from Miami and return to Fort Lauderdale.....isn’t that a violation of PVSA?

No it is not. The cruise goes to Aruba Curacao and Bonaire. Aruba and I believe the other two ABC islands qualify as a "distant" foreign port.  PVSA restriction requiring return to same U.S. port does not apply.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, Alakegirl said:

Asking again, how is Celebrity managing this without violating PVSA????

And again I will respond. The PVSA requirement for a closed loop cruise DOES NOT APPLY since the cruise itinerary includes Aruba, which is legally considered a distant foreign port!!!