Embarkation and Debark Port change for December 1st Silhouette sailing

G2G

1 Dec 2019 Cruise Port load (8 ships)/piers/ship size may be the issue. 2 x RCCL (Pier 18 & 26), 1 x Carnival (Pier 19), 2 x Celebrity (Edge Pier 25 & Silhouette Pier ?), 1 x Princess (Pier 1) 2 x HAL (Pier 21 & 24). So Silhouette is odd man out.

13 Dec goes to Aruba so they can depart from Miami and return to FLL legally. Ditto for 22 Nov it goes to Aruba so they can depart from FLL and return to Miami legally. The 1 Dec cruise does not go far enough so it has to depart from and return to Miami.

22 Dec has 8 ships but the piers work out. 2 x Princess (Pier 1 & 2), 1 x RCCL (Pier 18), 1 x Costa (Pier 19), 2 x HAL (Pier 21 & 24), 2 x Celebrity (Piers 25 & 26)

The same situation as 1 Dec 2019 shows up again for 23 Feb 2020. Aruba cruise 14 Feb, then too many ships for piers due to size on 23 Feb then an Aruba cruise on 6 Mar 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are moved as well.

4 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

Correct about the shuttles being only for those flying in the same day.  It is really unfair, as there are many who live in FL and drive to the port.  Oh, the rep did offer their bus services from our home to the port and back home, at the price of $90/pp.  Hmmmm....

Where in Florida is the bus service available? It would be nice not to have to drive to Miami when we were supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale.

For those of us from further afield ....

My travel rep spoke to Celebrity and for people flying in from Europe who have to fly in the day before, we do have access to the transfer shuttles. The Celebrity person said they should be contacting people at the end of this week. I don't know if that is to ascertain peoples travel plans or to inform us of the plans they have made.

Regardless, I cannot imagine the airport authorities being pleased at so many people hanging around waiting for shuttles, some of whom will not have arrived on that days flight. Chaos ....

11 hours ago, tgg said:

Where in Florida is the bus service available? It would be nice not to have to drive to Miami when we were supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale.

The transportation option is on the Celebrity website...somewhere around where they have the hotels listed.  I have seen it, but don't know exactly where it is...sorry..

1 hour ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Transportation box is on website but it is not functional at this time.

I would call them and talk with rep...the one I spoke with yesterday was ready to book us on the bus. If you can't get them, book online with:  www.cruiseconnection.travel.com.  I just looked, and depending on where you are coming from, it starts at $95/pp round trip. Good luck..

On 8/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, jelayne said:

The US website currently shows the ship departing and returning to Ft Lauderdale.

Has anyone called the Captains Club to check?

They must have updated. I just checked the website and it's now showing Miami to Miami. The Nov 22nd- Dec 1 cruise is showing as ending in Ft Lauderdale.

I posted a new thread because I was unaware of this one.  I spoke to a Celebrity Rep today who put me on hold to confirm with her supervisor that we could still take the shuttle from FLL to POM if we flew in a day or two earlier.  We have to provide our airline reservation information.  Since I transferred my booking to a TA, I have to have them take care of this.  I was pretty calm about this until I starting reading all of these responses and those on FB.  I think we will book the shuttles but have a back up plan for our own transportation.  Another thing we will be doing is paying for the luggage transfer to the airline.  We did this on our last cruise and it was worth every penny.  They take your bags the night before as usual and you do not see them again until you are at your final airport destination. 

I'm sure Celebrity will not do this but it seems like a little compensation is in order for the time, cost and aggravation as a result of this change.  

5 hours ago, tmoe said:

I posted a new thread because I was unaware of this one.  I spoke to a Celebrity Rep today who put me on hold to confirm with her supervisor that we could still take the shuttle from FLL to POM if we flew in a day or two earlier.  We have to provide our airline reservation information.  

I decided to not deal with it all cancelled my air flight, rebooked to Miami and booked La quinta hotel where we have stayed before. I couldn't deal with it all. I may have to suck up the 100 cost for the hotel but its worth it

• Like 1

Wow, how stressful! For the poster with an 11:50 AM flight out of FLL, I would definitely not rely on the free shuttle. I’d book a private car service for an early pickup. I’d even check into paying a change fee to switch flights. For everyone trying to juggle transportation and hotels now, good luck! It’s not professional to hit pax with this after final payment. I think a $50 pp OBC would help cover transportation costs and go a long way in customer service. 

Once again I am posting for those who need/want private shared shuttle to look at RideSAS.com. Inexpensive and reliable. We were going to change to a Miami hotel, but decided to stay with our Ft Lauderdale favorite hotel and have reservation for SAS to pick us up at 9:30 AM Dec. 1 and take us to POA for boarding. They will pick us up on debarkation day and take us to FLL. Thank goodness we have a flight after 1 PM. Be advised that there is no luggage valet  available for flights before 2 PM from FLL. I believe X should have given everyone a $50 OBC for the trouble. Not much trouble to us, but it is for so many. 

I received an email from Celebrity regarding this on Sept 6.  This part addressed the transfers.

Hotel Transportation

Those with accommodation arrangements (hotels/family, etc.) before and/or after their cruise vacation will be reimbursed for any transportation costs incurred, up to $100.00. Such refunds will be processed as soon as proof of booking is received. If you pay out of pocket for a private transfer, taxi, or rideshare service, please contact us at 1-800-280-3423 so that we may assist you with the compensation process. We aim to make it as easy as possible for you to get where you need to go.

I did contact Celebrity prior to this email regarding transfers and they told me to email my arrival and departure dates and received a response that they will get back to me regarding transfers.

We do have an 11:30 am flight out of FLL on 12/13.  Will rely on Celebrity transfer that day.  Not worried.  Only flying to DTW so I believe we will make this one or another.  We booked through Choice Air.  

Gail

I really would not rely on Celebrity’s transfer to get you from POM to FLL for an 11:30 flight.  I would do the earliest departure possible and take a taxi/Uber/Lyft.  Choice Air will help you out if you miss your flight but wouldn’t you rather take the reins yourself to make sure you do get home on time?

11 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Wow, how stressful! For the poster with an 11:50 AM flight out of FLL, I would definitely not rely on the free shuttle. I’d book a private car service for an early pickup. I’d even check into paying a change fee to switch flights. For everyone trying to juggle transportation and hotels now, good luck! It’s not professional to hit pax with this after final payment. I think a $50 pp OBC would help cover transportation costs and go a long way in customer service. 

Thank you, Ive already booked a private transfer and I can't change flights as its a connection for a transatlantic flight.

For those on the 1st December cruise, check out the roll call, there is a letter from Celebrity outlining what provision, both practical and financial that they are offering.

"Reimbursement" and the $100 non-refundable OBC Celebrity is offering are obviously not the same.

Some of us can easily spend another $100; some have so much OBC already that we would much prefer to get the $100 back in cash. Our expenses have gone up based on Celebrity changing both our departure and arrival ports. This has made a real mess for many passengers. Our Dec. 1 Silhouette roll call describes what people have been going through - and how difficult it has been to contact Celebrity.

If we are going to be "reimbursed" for our extra expenses necessitated by this port change, IT SHOULD BE IN CASH.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:54 AM, Alakegirl said:

I would expect that if you are comng n a day or two early you would need to make your way to the Fort Lauderdale airport tomeet the free transfer to Miami cruise port

No... they told our agent that we couldnt get a transfer from FLL even if we went to the airport to join the group...