Embarkation and Debark Port change for December 1st Silhouette sailing

G2G

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

I don’t see how the December 13 cruise can leave from Miami and return to Fort Lauderdale.....isn’t that a violation of PVSA?

Not to mention a major "pita "

Does anyone know why?

I  followed the link posted by Jim Lain  on the hurricane thread & was looking at the itin modification list...unrelated to the hurricane situation. I was surprised to see so many for diff ships 

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, G2G said:

Thank you Hcat, we will definitely do that as we have to make that flight to then connect in NYC for onward to UK.

I think that's a good idea... If you get a pvt driver / limo company please  book ahead b/c there are rules in Fla counties about who can pick up, etc.  Suggest perusal of the Fla departures board for  more info and reliable companies you can contact . Many on your cruise will be making a dash for FLL airport.

GOOD LUCK!

15 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Our dec 13 cruise is also affected lv from Miami and return to Port Everglades.  Once before a situation happened and no one was around to assist.  We were left in a parking lot by a Celebrity chartered bus that  handicapped people could not get in.  We were left in the hot sun with nowhere to sit  before the next bus came.  We have booked a Hilton Garden in Dania figuring we would be close to the port.  Since we are driving the day before and need handicap help we are at a loss.  We have a good parking package.  Any idea how cost taxi or uber from Dania to port of Miami.?  Last week our 2 cruises and excursions were cancelled by the cruise planner  by mistake.  It took 2hours plus on hold to correct the problem.  Any ideas.  The cruise planner has not returned by telephone call.

Uber is $40-50 total charge, not per person. 

22 hours ago, phillygirl2400 said:

We had a similar change on a cruise last year. Celebrity provided buses back from Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport. 

The problems were:

-the buses were not at the port when we got off the ship;

-the long lines of passengers waiting for the buses were disorganized;

-Celebrity didn’t provide staff to organize the bus departures until the waiting area was overflowing and there were arguments among the cruisers; and,

- people with handicaps had nowhere to sit.

Once the buses arrived and cruisers boarded, the bus ride was ok. 

Besides the problems with the buses, were there any issues with delays in getting off the ship since you disembarked at a different port?  Any special security protocols causing delays?  We just changed travel plans for this sailing based on the news...no way will we deal with the free shuttle buses.  That sounds like nothing but stress filled nightmare!  I'd prefer to hop a cab and head to MIA but I want to make sure that the ship returning to a different port won't somehow delay the debarkation process.

22 hours ago, G2G said:

I posted a copy of Celebrity's letter on the roll call and one person in USA contacted them and was told that there was no change!!

Very interesting!  I'm on the same cruise as the OP and I haven't heard a word from Celebrity or my TA regarding this change.  Thank Goodness for the roll call or I wouldn't have known.  Now I'm just going to wait and see how long it takes to hear from either of them.  I'm assuming my TA should reach out...we will see.

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

The US website currently shows the ship departing and returning to Ft Lauderdale.

Has anyone called the Captains Club to check?

Someone in the roll call checked and also posted the e-mail correspondence he received from Celebrity.  I'm thinking the US website hasn't yet caught up with the change.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I think that's a good idea... If you get a pvt driver / limo company please  book ahead b/c there are rules in Fla counties about who can pick up, etc.  Suggest perusal of the Fla departures board for  more info and reliable companies you can contact . Many on your cruise will be making a dash for FLL airport.

GOOD LUCK!

hcat do you have any reason to believe that getting a regular taxi to MIA will be an issue?  Should I plan for a ride this far in advance or can we just walk up to the taxi line?  We aren't going to bother with the shuttle chaos. 

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Check and see if there is a 24 hour cancellation clause.  

It was Advance Purchase Non-Refundable.  But I called the hotel and found out I can pay and leave the car there for less than Park ‘N’ Go was going to be so I’m OK.  It’s in Plantation so I can’t use SAS so we’ll Uber/Lyft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The title of the OP’s thread is December 1st Silhouette.  That cruise debarkation is on December 13, a Friday.

So sorry...My coffee has not yet kicked in...no wonder I was confused.  We are on the 11/22 sailing that was supposed to disembark back in FLL on 12/1 but has been rerouted to Miami.  So not only will my sailing be spilling off the ship trying to get back to FLL, people who thought the were going to embark on 12/1 in one place now have to go to another.  Got it.  My sailing poses the same issues only in reverse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Very interesting!  I'm on the same cruise as the OP and I haven't heard a word from Celebrity or my TA regarding this change.  Thank Goodness for the roll call or I wouldn't have known.  Now I'm just going to wait and see how long it takes to hear from either of them.  I'm assuming my TA should reach out...we will see.

same.

havent heard a thing from celebrity about the port change.

thank gods i havent booked flights yet.

whats this about the dec 13 cruise ending in port canaveral??? (im thinking of doing a back to back with the dec 13 cruise)

7 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

same.

havent heard a thing from celebrity about the port change.

thank gods i havent booked flights yet.

whats this about the dec 13 cruise ending in port canaveral??? (im thinking of doing a back to back with the dec 13 cruise)

7 minutes ago, Edwardk1982 said:

On the December 13th sailing and have not heard anything either directly but did see they had travel alerts for itinerary modifications posted on their site yesterday.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

thx!

nov 22, dec 1, and dec 13 cruises affected, according to that link.

glad i havent booked airfare yet. procrastination for the win!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Asking again, how is Celebrity managing this without violating PVSA????

I just called my TA and he said that there is no Far Foreign Port on this itinerary which would cause a fine of $200 per passenger.

He (V2G) also said that they had not been notified by Celebrity so I'm the one who gave them a heads up...

Perhaps they made a deal or when Miami finds out they may dump passengers off in Miami and pick up in Port Everglades for the next cruise....

Just imagine the chaos and the $$$ moving all these passengers.

15 minutes ago, Arno. said:

I just called my TA and he said that there is no Far Foreign Port on this itinerary which would cause a fine of $200 per passenger.

He (V2G) also said that they had not been notified by Celebrity so I'm the one who gave them a heads up...

Perhaps they made a deal or when Miami finds out they may dump passengers off in Miami and pick up in Port Everglades for the next cruise....

Just imagine the chaos and the $$$ moving all these passengers.

i can see embarkation with shuttles being a cluster.

lets do the math: 2500 passengers using the free shuttles and buses only hold about 50 people.

thats going to be 50 shuttle trips.

30min each way from port everglades to port miami (including loading and offloading passengers + luggage).

so 1 shuttle round trip an hr.

4hr window.

so they need 12 shuttles an hr?!?!

where is celebrity going to park all these shuttles at port everglades?

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i can see embarkation with shuttles being a cluster.

lets do the math: 2500 passengers using the free shuttles and buses only hold about 50 people.

thats going to be 50 shuttle trips.

30min each way from port everglades to port miami (including loading and offloading passengers + luggage).

so 1 shuttle round trip an hr.

4hr window.

so they need 12 shuttles an hr?!?!

where is celebrity going to park all these shuttles at port everglades?

Not to mention that the shuttles coming from Miami will have to off load from each everyone that just disembarked...including luggage, before they can board those who need to embark in MIA.  Private transport sounds like the way to go!

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

On the cruise OP is speaking of, debarkation is on Sunday, 12-1.

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Subtract all the people who drive themselves, or come in hotel shuttles, or  come by private van, or live in the Miami area, or Uber.......

We debark on the 13th 

2 minutes ago, G2G said:

We debark on the 13th 

Yes, I realized that after it was too late to edit.  At the time I didn't realize there were three sailings impacted by the port change and thought the cruise being discussed was the one I am scheduled to be on.  We debark on 12/1 in Miami but were originally supposed to debark in Port Everglades.