Babies in a Suite

Winnigirl

I am trying to arrange a cruise on the Disney Wonder for some friends.  It has been a long time since we took a Disney Cruise.  They will be 5 people.  Two adults, two children and a baby.  Would Disney allow a baby in a 4 person suite?  I am looking at a one-bedroom suite, which would have ample room for a one year old in a pack & play.  I just don't know if this is allowed or if they would have to book a 5 person suite (more money obviously).  Thanks for any information.

You'll need to book a stateroom for 5.

Which specific stateroom are you considering booking? I think the HA suites only hold 4 but the rest of the Category T suites hold 5.

Edited by DFMW

A family of 5 on the Wonder can be in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda (Category 4) or in a concierge suite. All of the Concierge Family Oceanview Staterooms with Veranda (Category V) sleep 5, and all of the 1-Bedroom (Category T) suites sleep 5, except, as DFMW mentioned, the Handicapped-accessible suites. 

To my knowledge, it is not possible to have 5 people in a room that sleeps 4, even if one is a baby, but as suggested, you could call and ask.

Unless you are talking about an accessible suite, the 1BR's all sleep five, so there should be no problem.  I'll caution that on the two newer ships the 1BR's are no where near as room as the mid-ships on the classic ships.  If you can get a 1BR midship on the Magic or Wonder there will be plenty of room and it will be no problem to have fives souls, as this is the capacity of those suites.

• 5 months later...

we have stayed in a one bedroom on the magic and a regular concierge room on the fantasy with four adults and a baby with no problem because the baby stays in a pack and play also you will not pay full price for the baby. it's basically port charges and taxes. also they have diaper genies for the baby as well.

There IS a fare charged for an infant, but it is a reduced fare from the normal child's fare.  Long ago DCL did not charge a fare for infants (only port charges and government fees), but those days are long gone.  On VERY rare occasions, families have been allowed to have an infant + 4 in a 4 person cabin, but this required approval from the safety people on the ship and was possible only when the lifeboat situation as well as overall ship occupancy allowed.  If you call DCL, the answer is that you cannot book 5 people in a 4 person cabin regardless of age.  But also as noted, non HA one bedroom suites allow 5 people.