Are 2 medallions needed for back to back cruises?

Crown Cruiser

12 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

When sailing on back to back cruises, do you order a medallion for each leg or do you use one for the entire 2 cruises?

thanks 

Gail

One Medallion...in April we received one Medallion for our B2B cruises; our Fall cruise includes 3 cruises & we’re only receiving one Medallion.

OceanReady combined multiple cruises as a single cruise & used the first cruise’s reservation code only.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

One Medallion...in April we received one Medallion for our B2B cruises; our Fall cruise includes 3 cruises & we’re only receiving one Medallion.

Did the date on your medallion have the entire voyage imprinted on it or just the first leg of the cruise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashpam said:

Did the date on your medallion have the entire voyage imprinted on it or just the first leg of the cruise?

Only had the starting date for the first cruise plus the ship’s name, our name & in the color based on our Captain’s Circle level.

They’re magnetic so we now use ours as souvenir fridge magnets. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

They’re magnetic so we now use ours as souvenir fridge magnets. 

That's so smart! Going to implement that with my family's medallions when we get home! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

OceanReady combined multiple cruises as a single cruise & used the first cruise’s reservation code only.

I was on the same B2B as Frank. As said, my Medallion had just the boarding date but everything onboard was set for both cruises/two weeks, even though I'd booked as separate cruises with two different booking numbers.

The only issue I had is that I didn't buy Internet minutes but was using my Elite minutes. I was given only 250 minutes as my B2B was set up onboard as one 14-day cruise. I went to the Internet Cafe and got the extra 50 minutes added. I wound up not using them. I used the Internet the way I usually do but because it was so fast and stable, I wound up using  lot fewer minutes than I would have.

My folio rolled over for the 2nd cruise with a balance due. I had more OBC on the 2nd cruise so that offset the balance due and I wound up with a very small amount due at the end of the B2B.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

I was on the same B2B as Frank. As said, my Medallion had just the boarding date but everything onboard was set for both cruises/two weeks, even though I'd booked as separate cruises with two different booking numbers.

The only issue I had is that I didn't buy Internet minutes but was using my Elite minutes. I was given only 250 minutes as my B2B was set up onboard as one 14-day cruise. I went to the Internet Cafe and got the extra 50 minutes added. I wound up not using them. I used the Internet the way I usually do but because it was so fast and stable, I wound up using  lot fewer minutes than I would have.

My last few experiences doing a B2B2B on the Ruby in February and a B2B on the Ruby in April,  as confirmed by the Internet manager,  is the new Medallion net knows how many days you are booked no matter if you are on seperate bookings and in different cabins for each segment or staying in the same cabin. Your Platinum/Elite 'free' minutes will be calculated based on the total days , not each segment, so normally a 7 day cruise gets you 150 minutes, 14 days gets you 250.

Pam was expecting 150 x 2, but the 'system' only sees 14 days so that is why it gave only 250 minutes. In my case the internet manager had no issue with crediting me with my 'missing' minutes, as seems the case with Pam.

I know Geoherb reported the same issue while doing a B2B on the Island not long ago. 

I assume Princess does not want to spend the time and effort to correct this 'bug', since it has been known for quite some time. 

Also, on my last B2B sailing on the Golden this past July, which is NOT Medallion net, my unused internet minutes rolled over to the second sailing and when used up, was able to then sign up for my 2nd allotment of another 150 'free' minutes.

We were on a B2B in June and like our prior B2B the cruise card had an expiration date of the second cruise.  We had one folio that simply rolled over for the second cruise including any remaining OBC from the first cruise (I did not tell ms diver about it!).  With the new faster internet (100+ mbps up and down!) I did not use all my minutes for the first time.