Make it with Michael’s (crafts)

Sooner-Cruisers

12 minutes ago, Sooner-Cruisers said:

It looks like the Freedom is one of the ships that has this activity.  I’d love to hear about your experiences with it.  My daughter will be 8 and absolutely loves arts and crafts, any information would be appreciated!

We made lanyards and cards on  our last cruise. The classes are slightly structured, all supplies are provided. Lots of fun. Especially with slightly drunk people with bad eye sight trying to string beads. Thank goodness no kids were sitting near us.

• Like 1

I did it on the Conquest, and while it was fun (made a door sign), my complaint was that they held it in the atrium where there’s really no tables. It was really awkward trying to do a craft on one of those little itty-bitty tables that are really meant to just hold a couple drinks. I’m not sure why they didn’t hold it in Ocean Plaza where they usually do trivia, since there’s real-size tables there. 

3 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

I did it on the Conquest, and while it was fun (made a door sign), my complaint was that they held it in the atrium where there’s really no tables. It was really awkward trying to do a craft on one of those little itty-bitty tables that are really meant to just hold a couple drinks. I’m not sure why they didn’t hold it in Ocean Plaza where they usually do trivia, since there’s real-size tables there. 

When we have been on ships that have the Ocean Plaza, this event was held there.  I believe that only Dream and Vista class ships have the Ocean Plaza, and Conquest class does not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

When we have been on ships that have the Ocean Plaza, this event was held there.  I believe that only Dream and Vista class ships have the Ocean Plaza, and Conquest class does not.

I think you are right, it doesn’t. I have sailed so many ships that I tend to get them mixed up, lol. But I still think they could have found a better place to hold the craft activity. Someplace with actual tables. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

My kids, 11 and 8, did this twice (of the three times it was offered on our cruise, each sea day). The first time they made door pennants, the second was a free-form art contest where the entertainment director choose a winner (ship on a stick!), and the third was cards. Sounds the crafts change regularly. On the Magic, it was held in Ocean Plaza, so lots of tables. The staff also kept a tabs on supplies so that everything could be shared as necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are back from our cruise on the Freedom.  Crafts were each seaday at 9:00 am in the Atrium lobby.  We had 3 seadays, the first day they made Halloween cards for the cruise director (Hey TJ!) next they made a cute fall banner, lastly they made beaded bracelets.  There were people of all ages and abilities, my daughter really enjoyed it.  

3 hours ago, kikimom said:

I have friends sailing on the Sunshine this weekend and I'm sailing on the Breeze in January.  Does anyone know if these ships offer this?

There were two events last week on Breeze. We went to the first one and they made coasters. 

• Like 1

My wife looks forward to this activity on seadays. The Ocean Plaza on the Dream is a perfect location. One year they made Christmas ornaments. Last cruise it was cards. My wife ends up helping others a bunch as she is hard core crafty. 

We found this activity on the Fantasy, and loved it!  We made miniature paintings with water color pencils on our first sea day, and the second sea day we made cards-which my MIL wants me to mail to her.  Might as well, they are sitting in a drawer now.  We are looking forward to participating on our next cruise!  Enjoy!  Whatever you make, it makes a great souvenir of your cruise.