MoveUp Link No Longer Accepting Bids

benemac

On 9/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, jcpc said:

This is the exact same screen I see when I try to submit my initial bid for an October 20th sailing (I am not trying to adjust a previously made bid).  My guess is there is some sort of glitch in the MoveUp system.  I booked my cruise directly with Celebrity.

We are also on the October 20th cruise.  I’d received the upgrade email back in August. At the time the link worked but I didn’t bid. Today I decided to bid and I get the same message.  

Thank you.  There was no additional email address included in the email invitation.  I responded to the invitation.  They came back and said they don’t manage it and gave me a new link to try. It didn’t work either.  

I winder if many any are having this issue.  Very frustrating to want to make a bid when we have been invited to do just that....but to not be able to. 

• 3 weeks later...

I booked/paid 2 days ago for a cruise departing November 11. I clicked the link to the MoveUp program listed on the Celebrity home page, entered my name, booking number and hit submit. This is the reply I received:

"Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered
Email CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com for help with eligibility"

FWIW, I booked through an agency I've used the MoveUp program before, so know it's not a case of an agency that doesn't participate. I've sent an email to the MoveUp folks, but in the meantime, can anyone decipher a little deeper? 

Edited by BEAV

Update - 

Didn't receive a reply to my email, but went back again today to the =X= homepage, clicked the link to MoveUp, entered my info, and this time it allowed me in and to place a bid. 

Shortly before revisiting the link to MoveUp, I had been in my cruise planner and where there was no invite to bid for any upgrade. And of course, no email invite to bid, either. So it goes to show you don't need to wait for an invitation to bid. 👍