unable to get catalogue sent

alexandra cruiser

1 hour ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Have called 2 times and sent brochure request on website...been 15 days and NO brochure yet.

What gives? Have been on SB 2 times and even booked another for next Oct.

Anyone else have this problem? 

Any good ideas,,ex. MORE calls,etc.

Does SB read these ??If so,,,what more can I do.Getting upset.

I have the opposite problem. I can't get cruise lines to stop sending brochures which I immediately toss into the recycling bin. They are usually out of date by the time they are sent anyway. I go online for current and useful information.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wripro said:

I have the opposite problem. I can't get cruise lines to stop sending brochures which I immediately toss into the recycling bin. They are usually out of date by the time they are sent anyway. I go online for current and useful information.

Totally agree. No matter how often I try to stop it, Seabourn and other cruise lines keep sending me tons of brochures and promotions. Totally unnecessary waste in the age of the internet. 

• Like 1

I like to have one to look up small details ,,not for itinerary.Hard to have to go to computer everytime I think of a question.

Even slightly out of date one would help,,but can t even get that.

I also get plenty of unwanted brochures,,most from Oceania.I used to take that line till they phased out their tubs.

Now book with Regent or SB.

Not sure why its so hard to have them sent,seems poor business practice,to me.For a luxury line,,what givess?

Some of us still like to have printed material,,plus online,too.

2 hours ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Good idea,,,will email and see if they have one.

Never thought of that,,but just sort of upset that they wouldn t honor 3 request s made for it.

Seems odd for a luxury line,,eh?

Sometimes the administration office is not as attentive as the crew on board.

1 hour ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Well, TA has no brochures either. Guess its a hot item,,,must have to know somebody.haha

Someone with one can sell it on ebay and make a fortune.

If I ever do get one,,,I ll treasure it,right?

I really do think there are no current catalogs printed due to the fast changing itineraries.  It would be good of the SB office to just tell you that instead of just not sending a catalog with no response.  

For example, we were considering booking a cruise for fall 2020 which is no longer on the website.  Many people have had their cruises cancelled.  I do think this is the reason you are not getting the paper catalog.  

27 minutes ago, alexandra cruiser said:

:If that s the case,how can Regent and Oceania manage to send so many?

But you re right,why not just tell me,,and why keep that site open to request on their webpage, just cause frustration.

Some of us are old school, use computer but still like the old fashioned way too.

I'm assuming you are talking about the large catalog here and not the brochures that seem to coming weekly from Seabourn in the mail.  You ask how can Regent and Oceania send catalogs and not SB?  As I tried to explain above, Seabourn recently CHANGED a lot of their itineraries---after some had already booked them and after they were on the website.  Regent and Oceania have not done this (to my knowledge).  THAT is the difference.  Of course I am just guessing---but knowing about all the changed itineraries---it seems to make sense that Seabourn would not have a current large catalog at this time.  As I stated above, the catalog I picked up aboard Sojourn in late May, is out of date because of the itinerary changes.  And, I don't think a cruise line would want to mail out a catalog with outdated itineraries.  

All cruise lines recently changed their itineraries if they involved Cuba. Regent and Oceania seem obsessed with sending out catalogues and brochures on an almost daily basis. I can't even open my copy of the Sunday NY Times without one of their brochures falling out. They all go right into the recycling bin. Thank God Seabourn has more sense.

29 minutes ago, wripro said:

All cruise lines recently changed their itineraries if they involved Cuba. Regent and Oceania seem obsessed with sending out catalogues and brochures on an almost daily basis. I can't even open my copy of the Sunday NY Times without one of their brochures falling out. They all go right into the recycling bin. Thank God Seabourn has more sense.

So true--and Seabourn changed European/Med itineraries as well.  

That info has given me an idea,,will ask for the OLD catalog. Just want to look at details re ship that are time consuming to keep looking online for,,such as pics of rooms,ship,dress codes,on and on.Dont need NEW itinerary.

Agree, don t need all the small brochures.Waste of paper.

Thanks for the idea.

update, called SB and spoke to brochure dept. Asked for old one and said they had my request,but were waiting for new one to send. Guess that was the hold up. Said they should have just told me rather than no response.

Now will see if I do get it,,,said 10 days.

WIll let you know.

Know this seems like a minor complaint, but was important to me. Maybe others,who knows.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:11 AM, florisdekort said:

Totally agree. No matter how often I try to stop it, Seabourn and other cruise lines keep sending me tons of brochures and promotions. Totally unnecessary waste in the age of the internet. 

I made the mistake of taking an Oceania cruise a few years back and started received brochures in the mail almost daily.  I was able to find a link on Oceania's website to be removed from their mailing list. 

Currently I'm only getting a brochure from Seabourn about twice a month which, I find, to be the right frequency. I check Seabourn's website more often to catch up on the latest itineraries and special pricing.