End of year/festive decorations?

Parsley Cruises

We haven't been onboard during the month of December, so we don't know to what extent VO 'decorates' the ships (inside, obviously) to cover the end of year/festive season.

We've had many a cruise where the ship has been 'decorated' and in some cases we felt it was a bit overdone.  So our question is - is it just a couple of medium size trees and wreaths or what?

No, this knowledge isn't vital, it's just going to be nice to know what to expect.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

We were on a Panama canal itinerary out of Miami in Dec 2018 that included Christmas Day and New Year's Day.  As best as I can remember, the only decoration was a large nonsectarian display (a gingerbread house or something like that) behind the piano in the atrium. It was very nicely done.  I do not remember any "Christmas" trees or wreaths. 

Easter was a blowout affair in terms of decorations of chocolate, but nothing religious in decorating. There was a service in the theater and a passenger who was a minister gave a brief talk and the cruise director had a wonderful talk. We sang a few hymns. Our group of 8 brought table decorations (no chicks or bunnies!) and had them on our dining room table at dinner. Many of the crew and passengers thanked us, which was unexpected and very nice.

We will board the Australia/NZ cruise on December 27 and will celebrate the New Year with everyone. I’m expecting a pretty good “show” of activities on New Year’s Eve and maybe a special poolside brunch on Jan. 1. It’s our 35th anniversary on January 1, so we will be celebrating all day. Let’s have a toast at dinner! 

1A5D26B7-DC8D-461B-8FBD-29C00ACDB4EE.jpeg

8B959C5A-DF6F-440E-A0B2-1F9DAC62FA13.jpeg

We boarded Orion just before New Years Eve.  There were two big Christmas trees at bottom of the Atrium staircase, hanging swags and the gingerbread houses behind the piano.  I thought the decorations were very tasteful and added a lot. They took them down while we were onboard and I missed them.  On the rough Tasman Sea it was fun watching the swags swing back and forth, and the trees sway.