Lyft or Uber out of San Pedro?

We'll be returning from our Pacific coastal cruise in October and want to know if anyone has experience getting an Uber or Lyft to Orange County. Was it a short wait?  Was there surge pricing and where is the designated pick up area? Thanks for helping.

Lots of people use Uber & Lyft at the port so I assume they are easily available. They do pick up right at the terminal, I've seen them often enough. Can't help on surge pricing, but if I didn't drive myself to the port, I'd still use them over a taxi even if they had surge pricing.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, overlake7 said:

Was it a short wait?

The one time we've done one there it was less than 5 min wait and this was in the middle of disembarkation so there were a decent amount of people out and about. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, overlake7 said:

Was there surge pricing and where is the designated pick up area?

They pick up right outside the terminal-- no special place like you see at some airports. Just look for your driver. There wasn't any surge pricing for us and I doubt it would be enough to trigger that anyway. We took ours to a hotel in Beverly Hills but the charged amount was the same as the estimate and was a bit less when compared to a taxi and extremely reasonable compared to what our hotel was charging for a car service. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, princeton123211 said:

The one time we've done one there it was less than 5 min wait and this was in the middle of disembarkation so there were a decent amount of people out and about. 

They pick up right outside the terminal-- no special place like you see at some airports. Just look for your driver. There wasn't any surge pricing for us and I doubt it would be enough to trigger that anyway. We took ours to a hotel in Beverly Hills but the charged amount was the same as the estimate and was a bit less when compared to a taxi and extremely reasonable compared to what our hotel was charging for a car service. 

Please could you advise a rough estimate of the price you paid for the uber as we are doing the same trip to a hotel in Beverley hills. Thank you.

I have found that the price depends on the day of the week, the time of the day and the number of people.  Also, sometimes it is necessary to order a LARGE SUV (if you have large suitcases) and that is more also.  They were there in 5 minutes and we almost missed them, so don't order until you have your luggage and are out at the curb.

Didn't use them from San Pedro, but we did from Long Beach (Carnival terminal)  Cost on Friday at about 10:00 a.m. was $75 for 4 people in a large SUV for us going into Culver City.

21 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I have found that the price depends on the day of the week, the time of the day and the number of people.

Not really how it works anymore- they have pretty much averaged out the surge pricing, especially at that time of day after the rush. The estimate you get is usually extremely accurate.