Dress Code

chrisg1uk

1 minute ago, moonstone01 said:

We have just come off a seven day cruise on the Ventura, the standard of some peoples dress was eye-opening.  I don't expect people to be in shirt and tie all the time, but to come on board as if you have been dragged through a hedge is a bit much.  Nice casual clothes don't need to cost much, just put a bit more effort into the dress sense.

It's a rapidly changing P&O clientele I'm afraid, inspired by the Carnival repositioning in the market. And not just the clothes either.  Some complain of falling standards by P&O - I think it's the customers!

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It's a rapidly changing P&O clientele I'm afraid, inspired by the Carnival repositioning in the market. And not just the clothes either.  Some complain of falling standards by P&O - I think it's the customers!

When Carnival made a hostile takeover of P&O/Princess to thwart the friendly merger agreed with RCI/Celebrity, I do not believe that they had any particular plans for P&O. Princess was their prize. I believe that they saw Cunard as their premium UK brand and deliberately moved P&O downmarket to act as an entry level operation by keeping prices low; cutting down to a price rather than pricing up to a standard. Commercially, this may be well have been the right decision rather than have P&O compete directly with Cunard and to a lesser extent Princess. But it has inevitably led to changes in clientelle which some established P&O customers do not find to their liking.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Do not think it is Carnival repositioning of P&O we have just returned from a Princess cruise and the dress code on there was very poor and I have never been on a P&O cruise where the dress code was as poor especially on formal nights.

• Like 1