USB ports

agnesd

I know this has been discussed a few times. But, of course, I haven't paid too much attention. We are leaving in a few weeks and now I'm not sure if I need my extension cord.  I would appreciate this info.  I am in a DV 2 category. Thanks

There are USB charging ports on the nightstands (low and high current) and the desk. You could just bring usb cables.
If you have a fast-charging phone, bring your fast charger. If you have a wireless charging phone, you could bring the charging pad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Extension cords are on the Viking prohibited list (along with devices with surge protectors): http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboard-prohibited-list.pdf

This is interesting - never saw this list. Both my wife and I use CPAP machines, but given the availability of outlets bedside, we are fine. However, we often need extension cords in hotels for pre- or post cruise extensions, so they stay in our CPAP cases when on board. Also, if you are going on any pre- or post cruise extensions, be sure to bring 220v adapters. They also can be useful on board as an adapter will give you an additional 120v outlet.

41 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

This is interesting - never saw this list

For sure. It is very well hidden, very deep in the FAQ and only on MVJ.  🙁 Wish they would put it someplace more conspicuous.

Good advice on plug adapters for devices that are dual current (i.e. compatible with both 120v and 220v current). BUT, it bears repeating, if your device is not dual current, you will need a converter not just an adapter. Read the specs on your device.

Not using anything with a surge protector on the ship is super important. Worse than devices that heat up.

18 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Good advice on plug adapters for devices that are dual current (i.e. compatible with both 120v and 220v current). BUT, it bears repeating, if your device is not dual current, you will need a converter not just an adapter. Read the specs on your device.

Absolutely - 120/220 capability is something that needs to e checked. Too bad Viking doesn't offer converters as pre-cruise gifts any more like they used to - luckily, I have 2 from previous cruises.

26 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Absolutely - 120/220 capability is something that needs to e checked. Too bad Viking doesn't offer converters as pre-cruise gifts any more like they used to - luckily, I have 2 from previous cruises.

This is coming from the one who makes her loving spouse plug in any suspicious electrical device: I don't bother with converters. If it needs a converter, it stays home.  Good thing most electronics these days are dual current. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...