Disney debuts new accessible shore excursions

kokopelli-az

1 hour ago, Splinter said:

Disney is an expensive line, and frankly, I don't want to go on a cruise that caters to families with a lot of rug rats running around. Wish the other cruise lines would do the same though.

As an FYI, you do know that there are people with handicapped children, that enjoy Disney, and up till now, most excursions were not handicapped friendly, causing folks to hire out for their excursions.    All forum posts are not adult only.    

1 hour ago, Cruseforme said:

As an FYI, you do know that there are people with handicapped children, that enjoy Disney, and up till now, most excursions were not handicapped friendly, causing folks to hire out for their excursions.    All forum posts are not adult only.    

Certainly. Not discounting this. But adults considering a Disney cruise just because they offer more accessible tours should know what they are signing up for!

OK, as the OP,  I have never been on a Disney Cruise and I'm sure I won't be on one.   If anyone is thinking about a Disney cruise I hope they have researched the line and see that it is very kid-oriented. 

I have seen numerous couples, families, extended families, friends and groups cruising together where someone in the group has a disability and might be interested in accessible shore excursions.  

But for anyone who does, or is considering, cruising on Disney, they are offering some additional accessible excursion choices.  

• 2 months later...

I have cruised Disney twice and was bothered by rug rat far less than on Carnival or  RC. The kids are kept well entertained and adults have areas where kids are not allowed and they stick to it.  Also dinning is assigned so adult only and parties with much older children start in a different dinning room for dinner rotation.  When we had the late dinning there were no children under about 14.  But as you say it is expensive.  The other cruise line we have sailed we  less rug rats is Hal but the worst behaved kid in a dinning room where on that ship, so I guess it is luck of the draw sometimes.