No more Formal Night on Harmony

18 hours ago, ladytaekwondo said:

My DH and I enjoy dressing up so we will continue to do so.  We enjoy it and if anyone else doesn't, that is ok.  Just don't make snide comments to us. (which unfortunately has happened, we just ignore them)

Pauline wears cocktail dresses every night.

One night while in the MTD queue on casual night the restaurant manager said to her.

Did you get your nights mixed up as it's not formal night?!!!.

I dress smart every night and on formal nights i change from short sleeve to a long sleeved shirt with cufflinks and tie.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s says they are welcomed to dress formal. No longer a suggestion. Your welcome to wear your Tux/Suit if you wish. I have no problem with that at all. 

On our other regular cruiseline P&O usually 95% of people dress up for formal night.

Some men look uncomfortable wearing suits but the ladies love to dress to impress and you can see their self confidence when they are looking glamorous in their pretty dresses.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On our other regular cruiseline P&O usually 95% of people dress up for formal night.

Some men look uncomfortable wearing suits but the ladies love to dress to impress and you can see their self confidence when they are looking glamorous in their pretty dresses.

New policy no longer indicates this as suggested attire but says your now welcome to wear Tux/Suits. 

I guess it could have said Tux/Suits are suggested but feel free to wear what you want. Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

New policy no longer indicates this as suggested attire but says your now welcome to wear Tux/Suits. 

I guess it could have said Tux/Suits are suggested but feel free to wear what you want. Lol

We get on Explorer in Southampton England next month so will see what is said.

Usually from Southampton most people dress up on formal night and this is what happened when we were on

Independence end of May.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

DW feels the same way about ball caps. Even at a fast food place.

Heck, I wear my baseball hat for breakfast and lunch whether the MDR or WJ..  Your husband must have been going crazy when baseball hats was the trend with the white collar/management in the NY Metro area.