Island Princess Engine Problems

BruceMuzz

Hi,

Is there any word from guests  actually onboard ? Or is there a general preumption Island P. is having either engine or/and propulsion issues ?  While she is still in port as at 8;30pm Local time, which is a bit of a telling sign, she is all lit-up, staterooms and all, which excludes the possibility of an electrical issue. Her planned 11;00am arrival in Juneau on 13th September is still possible....provided she leaves before ~~~ 11;00pm-ish...

6 minutes ago, c-legs said:

Hi,

Is there any word from guests  actually onboard ? Or is there a general preumption Island P. is having either engine or/and propulsion issues ?  While she is still in port as at 8;30pm Local time, which is a bit of a telling sign, she is all lit-up, staterooms and all, which excludes the possibility of an electrical issue. Her planned 11;00am arrival in Juneau on 13th September is still possible....provided she leaves before ~~~ 11;00pm-ish...

The only thing I read was what I posted which was from someone on board.  He also said they were told that there may be changes to the itinerary - they were supposed to go to Ketchikan and Juneau.

Edited by azbirdmom

10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The only thing I read was what I posted which was from someone on board.  He also said they were told that there may be changes to the itinerary - they were supposed to go to Ketchikan and Juneau.

Thanks for that reply. If itinerary changes have been '' mentionned'' , this may well be the solution to whatever ails her will be time consuming enough. She was pegged for Juneau friday and Ketchikan saturday  and I suggest one of those 2 will be dropped if the departure from Vancouver runs into the night and tomorrow ''some time''....

15 minutes ago, Donald said:

Vancouver Port Authority has informed other cruise lines that Island Princess will remain at Canada Place at least through tomorrow (Thursday). 

Interesting.  The passenger on board just posted this:  "Due to a mechanical issue onboard we are now scheduled to leave at Midnight and our itinerary will now take us to Ketchikan and Prince Rupert."  Hope they truly do leave at midnight - it's only a 5 day cruise.

I’m on board the island princess and can confirm the above. Juneau has been cancelled and instead we will visit Ketchikan on 13th (instead of 14th) and Prince Rupert on 14th. Sea days remain the same. Unfortunately this means we miss the inside passage altogether.

It’s confirmed in writing, you should have received a letter with the new timings and itinerary.  The inside passage is north of Ketchikan up to Juneau so I doubt we will see it although not explicitly mentioned ( probably intentionally).

Oh, sad. I thought the announcement of future cruise credit was for 50%, not 15%. I thought that was pretty good. 

We’re continuing to L.A. Sept 16-22. Wonder how that leg will be impacted or if they'll be able to do repairs in Vancouver on the 16th.

Edited by EllenWa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EllenWa said:

Oh, sad. I thought the announcement of future cruise credit was for 50%, not 15%. I thought that was pretty good. 

We’re continuing to L.A. Sept 16-22. Wonder how that leg will be impacted or if they'll be able to do repairs in Vancouver on the 16th.

I surely hope it can be fixed asap

• Like 1

People are really griping on another forum.  Some will never cruise again with Princess because they weren't offered enough future cruise credit.  We missed a port.  Have you read the cruise contract?  Princess is the worst cruise line ever.  The company never fixes anything expeditiously.  Ahem, Carnival Victory, Dream Elation,  anyone?  Jeez.  Let's get compensated for every little thing.  It's getting kind of ridiculous.  Life isn't perfect.  Better karma through rolling with it. 

• Like 3