Hotel Recommendations in Vancouver

kuddles14

1 minute ago, worldtraveller99 said:

I looked at the Pan Pacific and it was $600 a night for a double room. So I have booked us into the Wedgewood Hotel at under 2/3 of that rate. I found it on Trip Advisor. Has anyone here stayed there?

I booked through my cruise line for $418 which includes transportation from the airport to the hotel.

18 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Oh well too late!

You would have paid double that unless you're a solo like Roger though, so it's no loss whatsoever 😉

Wedgewood has a lovely resto in it (Bacchus); is in a solid downtown location near plenty of other dining, shopping, sightseeing; and at bang on 1km from the pier it's potentially walkable there too if you can manage trundling your own bags around. While I've never stayed in the rooms, the general vibe is much more 'luxury British hotel' than many of the 4*+ properties in this neck of the woods are - none of your Ikea-esque Scandinavian pale wood minimalism; instead think substantial furniture, dark wood, plush velvet. It's also tiny compared to the PP/Fairmonts, so you shouldn't have any trouble actually making use of the concierge or getting into the steam room as there are so few other guests. Basically it's better than the PP in every aspect except not have those outstanding views!

On 9/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, chatdad said:

The Vancouver Auberge is a nice property near Canada Place.  Stayed there prior to our cruise last month.  Rooms are nicely furnished, great views and quiet.  A bit less than the Pan Pacific when we priced it.  Does not offer food service though.  

We have a cancellable reservation at the Auberge next August.  Were you able to get your luggage to the cruise terminal without help or did you need transportation?  Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, hoopslover said:

We have a cancellable reservation at the Auberge next August.  Were you able to get your luggage to the cruise terminal without help or did you need transportation?  Thanks for any help.

Hotel is very near the cruise port so we just walked over with the luggage (one full size suitcase, one garment bag (on wheels) and our two back-packs).  Out of the hotel to the right to the plaza, has nice sidewalks (don't have to do any stairs) to the street and cross to cruise port.  The luggage area is to the far right of Canada place, good signage and people milling around helping direct folks.  

2 minutes ago, chatdad said:

Hotel is very near the cruise port so we just walked over with the luggage (one full size suitcase, one garment bag (on wheels) and our two back-packs).  Out of the hotel to the right to the plaza, has nice sidewalks (don't have to do any stairs) to the street and cross to cruise port.  The luggage area is to the far right of Canada place, good signage and people milling around helping direct folks.  

Thanks so much for the information.  We got a good price through Expedia which was well below our $300 per night budget.  Was hoping we could walk to the terminal.

on our trip last month, we stayed at Sheraton Wall Centre.  was a great location and only a $10 cab to the pier.  Previously we've stayed at Century Plaza, Sutton Place and L' Hermatage .  Loved them all, especially L' Hermatage as it was basically an apartment.  Enough room for all of us to stretch out a little, and the kitchen would have been a great have...if we'd been there more than one night